Chapter 18

A/N: When I said I can't wait to spill the chai, I wasn't joking. I'm currently on a bit of a writing spree so you might get more frequent updates. As we're speaking I'm already working on the next 2 chapters so, you can expect a shorter update time between the next 2-3 chapters.

***

When Rohit had found out that Shreya had refused to speak to his secretary, and would only speak to him, he got even more annoyed at her. What was so difficult? It was just a yes or no answer. However, when he found out that Deepak was attending on behalf of his father, Rohit was livid. Did Shreya want to speak to him because Deepak had asked her before he did? Did she agree? When did Deepak ask? Why didn't Shreya tell him about the party if she knew? Did she even know about the party before he had asked his secretary to call?

Rohit had to force those questions to the back of his mind as he continued his day. He couldn't even calm down as Kavya updated him. Kavya was at the Arora house, with Deepak's son.

That's it! Kavya!

If he asks Kavya for help, maybe there will be a higher chance Shreya would agree. And in the worst case scenario, he would attending with his daughter. In Rohit's opinion, that wasn't too bad of an idea.

It was about 6pm and Kavya had mentioned she would be back by 8. Taking into the consideration of the traffic and the distance to the Arora house from his office, it would probably take him about an hour, an hour and 15 minutes max. If Kavya wants to reach home by 8, she would have to leave in an hour. If he picked her up at 8, technically, it would count as 'reaching home'. He felt it was a win-win situation. Kavya would get and extra hour to spend while he would get to talk with Kavya in private. Rohit quickly sent a text to the group informing the girls that he would be picking Kavya up from the Arora house since he was 'in the vicinity'. It was a little white lie he was willing to tell for his plan to work.

K. Kavya chimed back.

Ok. Shreya replied.

Rohit turned off his phone and took a look at his workload. It wasn't much left to do except look through new potential business ventures and to approve some company expenditure reports. He used to be able to do it on the way, but after firing his driver over the recording incident, Rohit had became extremely paranoid about it happening again and opted to drive himself. He sighed. Maybe he could quickly finish the expenditure reports and then pick up Kavya. However, before he could do anything, his phone rang.

Tania.

"Hello," Rohit spoke.

"Hi Rohit," Tania crooned. She knew that tone would get his attention every time.

"I'm a bit busy Tania," he stated. "Can I call you back?"

"I won't take long," she quickly returned. "I was just wondering what would you be wearing to the Merchant Guild's party. You know, just so that I can match."

Rohit lets out a huff of air, he didn't want to have this conversation now. Looks like work will have to wait for tomorrow.

"Tania," he breathed. "I meant to call you but I got caught up with something. The thing is, there's an upcoming deal to develop a potential plot of land. My rivals are mainly the Arora Group and the Desai Group. They have a history of partnering up to oust my company. Shreya is related to the Desais."

Rohit went silent, he honestly felt guilty. It wasn't fair on Tania.

On the other end of the line, he heard Tania snickering.

"So you want to invite Shreya in my place?" Tania articulated Rohit's intensions, the words he wasn't able to say. She then continued, calmly. "Go ahead, I understand. After all it's all business."