Chapter 25

A/N: Repercussions... Repercussions... Whatever do you have in store for us...

***

When Rohit woke up the next day, he smelled... Food...? And it wasn't the usual meal his housekeeper made. Did she finally have an aneurysm and decided to deviate from his mother's approved breakfast list. Whatever it was, it smelled great. Rohit made his way down to the kitchen only to find Shreya, hair in a messy bun, looming over the stove. It stopped him in his tracks. Recently, Shreya's been doing that to him.

"Your housekeeper called and said she'll be late," Shreya informed him the moment she noticed Rohit. "I hope you're ok with this."

Rohit shrugged.

"Do you know what time is Kavya coming home?" Shreya asked.

Rohit shook his head. He made his way to the counters, next to where Shreya was.

"Smells good," he smiled.

"I'm just about done," she said, scooping a sunny side up out of the pan.

Shreya was about to start cleaning up when Rohit put a hand over hers to stop her.

"Leave it," he told her. "The housekeeper will take care of that later."

When he realized his hand was still on hers, he quickly pulled away and muttered an soft apology. Suddenly, Shreya's phone rang and she darted out of the kitchen to pick it up. Rohit, on the other hand, decided to pick up the food and bring it into the dining room.

The number that flashed across Shreya's screen was an unknown one. She contemplated a few moments before finally picking it up.

"Hello?" Shreya said.

"Good morning," a female voice responded and the colour from Shreya's face drained. "It's Tania. I got your number from Deepak, I hope you didn't mind."

Shreya took in a steadying breath.

"I don't," she answered. "What is this about?"

"I will explain over lunch. Today, if possible? I'll text you the location."

Shreya took a glance at Rohit who was already satisfactorily munching away at the paratha. Would she be hurting Rohit by meeting Tania?

"Can I take a raincheck?" Shreya asked in return. "Kavya is still at her grandma's and I'm not sure what time she'll be home."

"Monday then? Somewhere near your office?"

"Alright," Shreya conceded.

Just as Shreya hung up, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Shreya announced.

The door opened to Nandini Sehgal with Kavya standing slightly behind.

"G..Good morning," Shreya stammered. "Please come in."

Nandini ignored Shreya and walked straight in. When Nandini was out of sight, Kavya gave her mother a tight hug.