Chapter 45

A/N: And the drama begins...

***

When Tania had received a call from Deepak Arora's office, she thought something had happened to Aarav. However, it just his new assistant calling her about her movie contract that she had sent Deepak to peruse a few days ago. Only when she got to the office that she realized why the voice over the phone sounded so familiar. It was Kavya.

As Tania was his last client for the day, Deepak dismissed Kavya and allowed her to leave earlier. Despite her piqued interest, Kavya obeyed and left them.

"The contract seems alright," Deepak spoke. "The terms are fair and looked pretty standard. But knowing you, I've had a talk with the production house's legal department and added in a few extra benefit clauses as well as removed a few redundant ones. Take a look and let me know if you're alright with those changes."

"I trust you," she told him. "And thank you. Usually I'd go to Aman for legal stuff like this but after the break up, I don't think it's appropriate anymore."

Tania pulled out a pen and signed the contract.

"You could've come to me," Deepak said. "Even when you were with Rohit, you could've come to me for help."

Tania shook her head.

"You know why I didn't," she huffed. "Anyhow, that's no longer relevant and now you're my legal representative."

Tania handed the contract back to Deepak. Her eyes followed Deepak as put her file down on his desk.

"I'll get them to the production team first thing tomorrow morning," he explained.

"What made you say yes to Kavya working here?" Tania inquired, unable to contain her curiosity.

"What made you think she'd ask?" Deepak answered.

"Aarav?" Tania questioned.

Deepak nodded.

"Aarav's taking his exams in 2 months," he replied. "He felt bad for me and wanted someone to take over his job. So, 'highly' recommended Kavya. Aarav also told me he wanted to work for my dad after his graduation, he said he felt the family business suited him more than assisting me in the law firm. So, it looks like I'll be stuck with Kavya for the foreseeable future."

Aarav is graduating when she's filming in a different country.

"I blocked out those days for you," he revealed. "In case you want to come."

Tania returned with a smile but Deepak could clearly see the tinge of sadness.

"Thank you," she thanked him. "But Aarav might not want to see me."

"I'll talk to him," Deepak offered. "You're his family too."

Tania shook her head.

"It's his big day," she pointed out. "Don't spoil it for him."

Deepak nodded.

"I have to go," she spoke. "I have to get ready for a photoshoot. You don't have to walk me out. I know my way around."

Deepak watched her leave and made his way into his inner cabin. He craved something strong to drink. Maybe a scotch?

When Tania had reached the reception area, she noticed Kavya waiting for someone.

"Hi," Tania greeted. "Waiting for someone?"

"Dad's supposed to pick me up but he's stuck in a bit of traffic," Kavya answered. "So... A movie, huh? With foreign location and a huge production house. Must be something."