Chapter 27

A/N: As promised, the tea is slowly over boiling. I'll let you in on one small secret today...

***

"Congratulations on a party well done," Aman congratulated as Rohit entered the office.

Rohit had the biggest scowl on his face as he placed a stack of newspapers down on Aman's desk.

"I can't believe this nonsense," he sighed.

Aman took one out of the stack and scanned through it. He then took another.

"That's a very good picture," Aman joked.

"Aman," Rohit warned, he wasn't in the mood to play games. He had given his word to his mother and Shreya that he would deal with it but instead, it had gotten out of hand.

"Do you realize something?" Aman questioned. "Don't you find it suspicious that all these articles don't even mention Deepak or Tania? If you and Shreya are breaking news, shouldn't Tania's appearance with Deepak also spark some controversy?"

"Are you trying to say someone planted the story?" Rohit asked. "You know something about this?"

"I ran the name of the photographer by some of my friends in the press," Aman explained. "He's not one of their photographers, neither is he one of the paps. He's a freelance talent photographer whose clientele includes a certain Rahul Oberoi and Adhya Ambani."

"Find out who sent him," Rohit instructed.

Aman nodded.

"I'll also see what I can do about the picture but Rohit," Aman warned. "It's out in the public, there's not much I can do about it anymore. Until we get to the bottom of this, don't do anything rash."

Rohit agreed but he didn't look too happy.

"There's one more thing," Aman informed. "The Desais pulled out of the bid. This came in for you."

Aman handed Rohit an envelope with a Desai logo addressed to him.

'Hi Rohit,

I heard what happen between you, Tania and Deepak from my sister. Ouch, tough luck. So, to help you get over your girlfriend, I've pulled out of the bid. Also, it's not my place to come in between you and the Aroras, everyone who knows, knows. Say hi to Kav for me.

Arjun Desai'

"Arjun has a good mind to pull out," Rohit sighed.

"You can offer him a partnership," Aman suggested.

"And bring him back into the competition?" Rohit questioned. "I don't think he wants to offend anyone. On one hand, there's the Desais' long standing partnership with the Aroras; and the other, there's Shreya and Kavya who's..."

Rohit trailed off. He almost said "my family" but that wasn't quite it. He reminded himself that Shreya and him shared a daughter and that was it. Also technically, he still hasn't broken things off with Tania. Tania... He really didn't want to deal with her actions from the party.

"Thinking about Tania?" Aman asked.

Rohit nodded.

"Let me guess," Aman smiled. "You still haven't figured out what to do with her and you're putting meeting her off."

Rohit nodded again, confirming Aman's suspicion.

"I'd dump her if I were you!" Aman exclaimed, in an attempt to make Rohit feel better. "She betrayed you."

"But it's not that simple," Rohit argued. "Deepak knew what he was doing, he used her to get to me. It was only coincidence that he..."

Suddenly, Rohit realized something.