Chapter 2

A/N: I typed out quite a bit of A/N at the end of the previous chapter but apparently, it didn't get saved... I just wanted to say, welcome to my new book and hope you guys will enjoy it as much as you enjoyed my previous books and I hope you'll also given this book as much love as my previous ones...

***

It had been two weeks after that incident and so far, everything went well. Shreya, unwilling to take anymore risks, made sure Kavya was under her supervision 24/7. Luckily for Shreya, Kavya was all too ready to comply and please her after the episode at the hospital. However, the only downside of it was that Kavya and her sprained ankle proved to be a daily hassle when they had to get to Shreya's studio located on the first floor.

Ever since that "fateful reunion, neither mother or daughter had heard from Rohit Sehgal or anyone associated with him (not that Shreya wanted it). Life went on as usual until one evening, when Shreya received a call from an unknown number.

"Shreya Kapoor?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Miss Kapoor, this is Rohit Sehgal. I'm outside your studio. We need to talk. Do you have five minutes to spare?"

Shreya's face instantly paled. Honestly, she didn't have much left to do. All she needed to do was to clean up and pack up for the day. However, she wasn't going to let a Mr. Rohit Sehgal know.

"I can't," she replied. Shreya looked over her shoulders at Kavya, who was doing her homework, oblivious to the phone call. "I'm very busy right now."

"Oh, do you want me to come up to you instead?"

"No," she replied a lot louder than expected. Kavya's head perked up and cast her a 'what happened' look. Shreya shook her head in response and returned to the phone conversation. She could already hear some shuffling in the background. The last thing Shreya needed was her daughter's father in her studio. It was her safe space. "Give me a minute or two, I'll be right there. I just need to tell someone."

"Alright, I'll see you then."

Shreya hung up immediately and told Kavya that she needed to go out to get some supplies. Although Kavya did not believe the lie even one bit, she decided to drop it and told her mom that she volunteers to clean up the place. Shreya casted her daughter a apologetic look and sprinted out the door.

Shreya felt the cool night breeze on her skin, it was a pleasant night, save for the impending conversation with him. He walked up to the gates, clad in a fitting grey suit and a matching tie.

"Miss Kapoor," he said, as a matter of factly. "I'm glad you could make it."

Shreya quickly unlocked the gate and invited him into the porch.

"Let's just talk out here," she told him in a hushed voice. "She's inside. And make it quick, Kavya's alone. "

Rohit nodded in response.

"Firstly," Shreya listed. "How did you get my number and how did you find me?"

"You're more famous than you know," he answered. "It didn't take long before I found a mutual friend who knows where to find you."