Chapter 19

A/N: Another update. Yay!!! This will probably the last quick between chapters updates for a while as I will be busy the next few weeks. I'm trying to pre-write as many chapters as possible and release when I can but no promises 😅😅😅

***

Not having Kavya around for the majority of the day proved to be both a relief and a constant worry for her. Relieved in the sense that she had managed to finally finish preparing for the fashion show on Friday and a worry because she was always checking on her phone to make sure Kavya updated from time to time. Other than that brief phone call from Deepak and Rohit's secretary (she quickly reminded herself to ask Rohit about it), her day was pretty successful.

She reached home at 8, the stipulated time Kavya said she would be home but when she reached the mansion, it was empty. Neither Kavya or Rohit was home. Suddenly, her phone chimed.

Kavya

Dad just arrived. Not my fault.

Shreya chuckled at her daughter's text.

Shreya

I'll have a talk with him. 

Kavya

;)

Shreya pocketed her phone and made her way to her room. On her way up, she had noticed that the maid had cooked dinner for them which meant it was one less thing for her to worry about. She flopped on her bed, exhausted and decided she would just rest for a while before taking a shower.

"Shreya?" The voice was muffled but Shreya could clearly make it out to be a man's voice. "Shreya?"

Shreya groggily blinked open her eyes only to be met with Rohit's face hoovering inches away from hers. 

"Rohit?" Shreya croaked. "Whattimeisit?"

"11?" Rohit uttered.

Shreya took in a sharp panicked breath and almost leapt off the bed, almost headbutting Rohit in the process.

"Shit," Shreya hissed. She had fallen asleep.

"We noticed you didn't touch the food so we guessed you haven't had your dinner," Rohit mentioned.

"Yes," Shreya tried to compose herself. "And thank you. I must have fallen asleep."

Rohit let out a barely audible "hmm".

"I'm going to take a shower and go down for dinner," Shreya told herself more than talking to Rohit.  

"How long will you need?" Rohit asked. "I can reheat the food while you shower."

Shreya looked at Rohit, confused. Why was he being so nice to her?

A moment passed by before Rohit gave her a look. He was actually expecting an answer.

"Half an hour max," she told him.

"Ok," Rohit accepted. "Do you need me to check on you if you're not down in 30?"

Now Shreya was really thrown off, was she still dreaming? She pinched herself. Ouch! Ok, not dreaming.

"Err...," she fumbled. "No, I'll be fine. How's Kavya?"

"She tried to stay up but I sent her to bed," he answered. "She's asleep."

Shreya nodded, still in disbelief.

"I'll leave now," Rohit announced. "I'll go reheat the food."

And with that, he left.

Shreya aggressively shook her head side to side just in case the pinch didn't work. When she saw Rohit's shadows disappearing just beyond the cracks of her room door, she finally accepted that the whole encounter was real.