Chapter 17

A/N: This is a bit of a short chapter but... New characters update!!! We have Tiger Shroff playing Gaurav, Disha Patani playing Nayara, Kriti Sanon playing Ishita, Rohit Saraf playing Raghav and Dhairya Karwa playing Samar. Cast list will be updated in a bit because there's still one more character I want to introduce but not in this chapter.

***

The moment the bell rang, Aarav leapt out of his desk and bolted straight for the door. His teacher was definitely not happy about it and he was sure he would hear about it tomorrow. At this moment, he didn't care. He had to get to the fountain and make sure Kavya was not in any imminent trouble. When he spotted her casually chilling and scrolling through her phone, an idea crept into his mind. He sneakily tip toed up to her in an attempt to scare her but instead, she had turned around and spotted him.

"Hi," Kavya waved from a distance.

"Hi," he responded. Aarav was slightly annoyed his plan was thwarted but he couldn't reveal his intentions. There is always next time. "My friends are on their way."

"Ok," she replied. "How's school?"

"How's school?" Aarav scoffed. "What are you? My mother?"

"Excuse me?" Kavya felt offended. "I was trying to be nice."

"Whatever," Aarav shrugged and pulled out his phone. What was taking his friends so long? He was scrolling through his contact list, wondering who he should text when suddenly, he heard a phone camera shutter go off. It was Kavya.

"What are you doing?" Aarav questioned.

"I'm sending a my parents a text," she answered, stating the obvious.

"That is not a text," he protested. "That is my picture. What are you doing with my picture?"

"I'm just letting them know you're here," she explained. "Or would you prefer a selfie?"

"I'd prefer if you'd ask," he replied, annoyed. "Have you heard of consent?"

"Fine," she huffed. "But you look so adorable."

Is she for real? And where are his friends?

"Puppies are adorable," he asserted. "Some kids are adorable. I am not adorable. Never call me that again."

However, he did sneak a look at her phone and had to admit that it was a good picture.

"Aarav!"

Finally!

The pair turned to find a group of students beckoning them over.

"Come," Aarav said as he pulled Kavya over. "Guys, meet Kavya. Kavya these are my friends."

They took turns greeting each other as Aarav introduced them. First, there was Gaurav, then his girlfriend, Nayara, followed by Ishita, her younger brother, Raghav and lastly, there was Samar, the friend who ditched him at the movies.

Aarav, Gaurav, Ishita and Samar were in the same class while Nayara was a year below them. Raghav was the youngest being another year below Nayara.

"So," Ishita said. "Do you know which class you're in yet?"

"11B?" Kavya answered, recalling what the admin staff said earlier.

"No way!" Nayara exclaimed. "We're in the same class."

"Yay!" Aarav fake cheered. "Chalein (Let's go)?"

"Geez," Gaurav complained. "Chill. We're going. Why are you in such a rush today?"