Chapter 12

A/N: Sorry for the slow updates. There's a lot that's going on with my life right now. I'll try to update more often. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

***

Shreya took a good look at the state of her house, it was almost noon and there were already boxes strewn all over the place. She felt bad for agreeing to move in with Rohit. She had barely stayed here for a few months and now she was packing and moving out again. Her daughter didn't mind, she was happily taking down the decor from her wall.

Deepak cast a reassuring glance at her but that didn't make her feel any better. Instead, she returned it with a polite smile. Sensing something was off, Deepak made his way over to her.

"You seem a bit off," Deepak told her.

"Who wouldn't be?" Shreya replied. "Imagine having to move twice in a span of less than half a year?"

"Point taken," he noted. "But are you really sure about this? It'll be quite a big change for both of you."

"Kavya seems fine," she nodded over to her daughter who was still oblivious about her dilemma. "And if this is what it takes to be in Kavya's life, I'm going to be fine too."

"You do realize that Kavya's almost an adult right?" Deepak pointed out. "At some point, you're going to need to let her go."

"I know," she huffed. "But it's so hard. It has always been the two of us and now... This is... New."

Deepak chuckled.

"I remembered the first time I let Aarav out on his own," Deepak said. "It was nerve wrecking. I was so close to putting a tracker on him."

That made Shreya laugh.

"You know," Deepak continued. "If you ever need someone to just talk to, I'm willing to lend an ear."

"Just one ear?" Shreya joked.

"Just one," Deepak reciprocated. "Who knows what will happen if I lend you both?"

"Cheeky," Shreya mumbled, loud enough for only the both of them to hear.

"Speaking about Aarav," he said. "Looks like it's time to pick him up. I'll grab lunch on the way back. You'll be fine, right?"

"If you mean Rohit," she replied. "I can handle him."

In the meantime, Rohit was helping Kavya with her bookshelf in her room. Suddenly, he pulled out a photo album.

"Don't look at that!" Kavya shouted, mortified, from across the room which made Rohit almost drop the album.

"I wasn't going to," Rohit murmured as he handed her the album. "What's in there that's so disturbing that I can't see?"

"They're just some pictures of me growing up and some of them aren't exactly very flattering," she replied.

"I'm your dad," he laughed. "Even though you aren't 'exactly very flattering', I'm obliged to think you are."

"Ok," Kavya said as she reluctantly passed him the album and they moved to sit on Kavya's bed.

They then went through the photos together as Kavya explained how old and what was going on in the pictures. In the end, the both of them have gone through three albums worth of photos.

"Kavya!" Rohit and Kavya heard Shreya called out from the living room.

"Coming!" Kavya shouted in reply and got on to her feet. She then handed her father another photo album. "This is the last one and probably the one mom will pull out to embarrass me."