Chapter 32

A/N: And we continue with the saga that's Kavya's disappearance...

***

The only thought Kavya had was to run. Run as fast and as far from everyone she knew. Only when she couldn't run anymore that she'd stopped. Collapsing into a swing set nearby, she came to her senses and realized she was in some random playground she couldn't recognize. She felt around her pockets to check her phone but when she tried to turn it on, it showed that it had to out of battery. Just her luck! The night had enveloped the sky and everything was dark. When Kavya came to the conclusion that she was lost, more tears begun falling down her eyes.

"Kavita Kapoor?"

Kavya's ears immediately perked up. She recognized that voice. She turned around to find non-other than Romil Patel standing about 10 feet away.

"Romil!" Kavya exclaimed and ran over to him. She threw her arms around him and enveloped him in a hug. Damn, was she glad to see him.

Romil was initial taken aback by the hug but when he realized Kavya was crying, he wrapped his arms around her.

"What happened?" Romil questioned.

Kavya just continued crying, unable to put to words the incidents of that night.

"Are you hurt?" Romil comforted. "Do you need me to call someone?"

"Can you help me get home?" Kavya whimpered as she pulled away from him. "The Sehgal Group's HQ is nearby. You can drop me off there."

"Are you sure?" Romil asked. He was worried for the girl, did something malicious happen to her? He started scanning her for anything out of the ordinary.

"I'm sure," Kavya replied.

Romil finally stopped fussing about and begun to lead her back. Romil could hear sniffling coming from beside him

"Were you lost?" Romil questioned.

"Yes," Kavya answered. "And my phone ran out of battery."

"How did you even end up here?" Romil asked.

Kavya was reluctant but ultimately decided that her 'savior' deserved an answer.

"I had a fight with my family and I ran off," she explained.

"God Kavi," he sighed. "You're lucky I lived nearby. Who knows what could have happened to you? You have to stop running away. I thought you've learnt your lesson from kindy."

Kavya remembered the incident Romil was talking about. She had gotten into a fight with a fellow kindergarten student and had ran away. Little did she know, she'd get stuck after locking herself in the bathroom for an hour (which seemed to her at that time, like forever) while she set her teachers and Shreya in panicked craze. She couldn't believe Romil still remembered that.

"I'm sorry," she apologized. "I didn't mean to."

When he saw tears threatening to spill again, he quickly turned to her to comfort her.

"Hey," he cajoled. "It's ok. I'm just worried about you."

The two of them then walked in silence. Suddenly, Kavya could hear some people calling out for her. That sounded like...

"Aarav!" Romil called out as they rounded the corner to reveal a frantic Aarav. "Over here!"

Aarav turned around to find Kavya standing right next to Romil Patel. He didn't care about his surroundings or the stupid feud and immediately scooped Kavya into a hug.

"Don't ever do that again!" Aarav scolded. "You scared the hell out of us."

When Aarav had finally let her go, she realized her father was also present along side a few police officers.