Why Him

Pairings: Rael x Reader
Warnings: None

"Rael," Rajak walked into the younger Kertia's room, finding him holding a book. "Someone told me to give this to you."

Rajak handed over a small piece of paper that had been neatly folded into a paper swan.

Rael sighed, closing the book before taking the origami paper in his hand. "Who gave this to you, Rajak?"
"They told me not to specify their name," Rajak said as he made his way outside the room.

"What do you mean Rajak caught you?" Karias asked the girl who sat with her head on her knees.
"He caught me sneaking around the Kertia Manor, so I told him to hand it over to Rael."
"Y/N, don't worry about it, Rajak wouldn't tell Rael it was you."

Y/N sighed. "Even if Rael finds out, I don't think it would make a difference. I wouldn't even be sending him those notes if it weren't for you."
"Y/N, don't worry about it," he patted her back.
"He's obsessed with Seira— my sister! How can I even be thinking of him?" Y/N sighed for the nth number of time since morning. "Just... why him?"
"Your feelings for someone isn't something you can change."
"But it's something I can suppress," Y/N immediately snapped back.
"And do you think that's a solution?"
She fell silent. Of course she knew that wasn't a solution, but she wanted to convince herself that it was.

"I think you should talk to Rael directly," Karias said after a while.
"It's ridiculous. Why am I even bothering him? He probably throws the notes away in the fireplace," Y/N buried her face into her knees.

"Y/N," her blood froze at the voice coming from behind them.
"Rael?" Y/N turned back to find the blonde walking towards them.
"Karias-nim," Rael glanced at him before turning back to Y/N.
"I wanted to speak to you."
Karias gave her a thumbs up from behind Rael before excusing himself.

"What did you want to talk about, Rael?" She asked once the Blester had been out of sight.
"I wanted to ask for your help, Y/N." Rael glanced around for any other people before returning his gaze to Y/N.
"My help?" Y/N's eyes widened. The Rael Kertia asking another for help? That was a rare sight.

"Don't look so shocked," the Kertia rolled his eyes at her before continuing. "I wanted you to help me get Seira's attention."
Y/N's smile fell. "I can't believe I'm surprised," she chuckled, turning her head away from the blonde noble. She took a deep breath, turning her gaze back to him, "I would have helped you, but I'm not some love expert."

"You must have someone you liked before," Rael stared at her in anticipation.
"Unfortunately, yes. But I won't be useful, ask someone else." Y/N sighed before walking away.

Rael sighed as he walked back into his room. He stared at the wall for a minute, before shifting to get a particular book from the shelf. Turning the pages, he took out a page. He had been getting these notes recently, and he was curious about the sender.
Rajak knows but refused to speak no matter how much he pressed for answers. Rael believed that if he began to show interest in the Loyard Clan Leader, the sender of the notes would reveal themselves to Rael. But until now, it never worked. The anonymous sender had been sending him short notes everyday for around a year.

"Karias," Y/N walked deeper into the forest, where she would often find him admiring the flowers.
"You don't seem well." He turned his attention to the Loyard girl.
"Rael asked me to help him get closer to Seira." Y/N lowered herself to the ground, watching as an army of ants marched into their colony.
"What did you reply?" He asked, joining her.
"I refused."
"Hmm, that's understandable." He turned to face the girl once again, "you should speak to him once."
"I can't bring up the topic, no matter what I do. I end up cowering away from rejection like always." Y/N sighed, watching as an ant lost its way in the grass.