Nieces pt.2

Pairings: None
Warnings: None

Rajak opened the door, peeking in before entering to confirm that no one had actually been in the room. In his hands, held two small fabric gift bags. He stepped deeper into the room, placing the bag carefully on the bed. A soft chime of the seashells in the bag hitting each other made him pause, turning towards the door, his suspicions being confirmed.

The door was opened further than he had left it, the shadows of two figures revealing that he had been caught in his act.
He crossed his arms, making a mental note to be more careful next time. Not only had he made enough noise to alert the two girls, but he also had forgotten that this was the time the girls returned back home from being tutored along with the other young nobles.

"I know you're there," he called out to them, watching as their shadows moved before the two girls revealed themselves, seemingly unimpressed with having being caught. But they couldn't blame themselves. Rajak was way too cautious to have not notice someone sneaking up on him.

"Our gifts?" The younger girl asked, her eyes glistening in hope, her smile widening when Rajak nodded.
He handed them the bags, watching as they poured the contents of the bag onto the bed, clearly happy with the shells they received.
"Did you bring these shells yourself?" The elder one asked, looking up at her uncle, who only remained silent.
The younger girl glanced up from her handful of shells, "did you?" She asked, wanting to confirm the theory.

Rajak gave them a slight nod which could have gone unnoticed if the girls hadn't been looking carefully.
The duo jumped up, throwing their arms around Rajak as they thanked him for the seashells.
Rajak Kertia was cautious and could easily predict the movement of those around him, but these two girls? They always caught him by surprise by their hugs. Though he wouldn't dare complain, he quite liked the hugs he got from his two nieces.

Rajak entered the Throne Room, bowing deeply at Lord Raskreia, who gave a nod of acknowledgement before her eyes shifted behind him.
Rajak glanced over his shoulder, looking at his nieces who had followed him all the way.
Raskreia's lips curled faintly in a smile as the girls' held onto his clothes, glancing up at her, half in awe, half nervously.

Rajak had brought them there for the first time because they had been trying to convince him for quite a while, and he finally gave in.
He liked how they eyed the room, impressed by every simple detail.

The two sisters continued to follow him throughout Lukedonia that day, whether it be his round across the city to check up on something he had to, or to visit the other Nobles to inform them about a few things the Lord wanted him to convey.

Rajak was glad the girls didn't continue to run off like last time, which ended up on them being separated for a short while before he found them cooing over a puppy.

"Slow down!" His elder niece yelled, before the younger one immediately yelled out, "no! Faster!"
Rajak smiled as he hopped off the rooftop of one of the buildings and onto another, both girls squealing, though one in terror, and the other in excitement.
"How much longer?" The elder asked, eyes wandering towards the road at the bottom of the building.
"We're not going to fall," the younger tried to say but was cut off by the wind rushing against them when Rajak jumped once again, which made her hair slap against her face.
"We're almost there," Rajak glanced down at the duo he carried, taking another leap.

The two girls had been wishing to visit the place where both Rael and he had been, and so he decided to talk to Frankenstein to ask whether it would be alright by him. (Not that Frankenstein would deny a simple request of his friend's eldest son.)

"Whoa!" The younger smiled at the blond man who opened the door, "you're so tall! Taller than Uncle Rajak!"
Frankenstein chuckled as the  two girls rushed out from behind Rajak and began to examine the house, Rajak right behind them to prevent them from accidentally tripping or worse, messing with something which would make Frankenstein annoyed, a situation he wanted to prevent at all costs.

"No wonder you like it," the elder niece said as she watched the details in the decor, "its so beautiful!"

Rajak heard Frankenstein come behind them, the three modified humans by his. Frankenstein had a kind smile on his face, which made Rajak relax slightly.
These girls managed to bring out the calm, kind personality of Frankenstein, and so that meant he didn't have get worked up being worried something would go wron—

Smash.

He was wrong. They were doomed.

"Oops—" the younger girl chuckled nervously, noticing how everyone stiffened at the sight of the fallen vase of fake flowers.
The three men rushed to clear up the mess as the energy of the Dark Spear beginning to trickle into the air. Rajak came between the two girls and Frankenstein, though he knew Frankenstein wouldn't attack two kids, but he didn't want to take a risk no matter how small when his nieces were involved.
Frankenstein only bsighed as he turned away, trusting the modified trio to clear it up.

The two girls had no idea what had just happened, but they were sure of a few things.
Number 1: the blond house owner is scary.
Number 2: don't mess up the house.
Number 3: Rajak is there to keep them safe if the blond got angry.

"Uncle Rajak!" The two girls carefully climbed up the sofa (they didn't want mister house owner to become scary again) to where the Kertia was sitting, reading a book.
"Here!" They offered him a few candies, bright smiles on their face.
(He recognised these chocolates to be the one Tao had given them while he told them to be careful and tell him first if they accidentally knocked over something.)

"What's this for?" He asked, extending his hand so they dropped the candies on his palm.
"To thank you!" They chorused, confusing him.
"What for?"
"You take care for us!" The older girl smiled.
"And give us gifts!" The younger added.
"And take us to places we want to go to!"
Rajak closed the book and placed it away to let the two girls climb onto his lap.
He chuckled, giving them both a kiss on their forehead, "that's the least I can do for you two when you bring happiness into my life."

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

This was HikariLydiaAoiKohana's request!
This part has nothing to do with the previous one.

Rajak must be really patient and good with kids since he practically babysat Rael, and took good care of him like a great brother!😁😁

※ ※ ※ ※ ※