A New Year

Tao crouched down, his hands over his head as he heard something crash into the barrier of snow in front of him. A smile grew on his lips as he reached down to collect some of the snow, giving it the shape of a ball.
"You'll never win against me!" He yelled, launching the snowball towards the group of kids, who scattered to avoid being hit.

"You sure?"
Tao stumbled forward as he felt something cold hit against his bare neck, causing shivers to crawl his skin.

"Hey!" Tao dropped down once more to gather the snow, this time throwing the snowball towards M-21. "You can't attack from behind— that's cheating!"

"And you're not supposed to turn your back on the enemy," Takeo commented, hitting Tao on the back successfully as the hacker attacked the werewolf.

"Good shot!" Suyi cheered, giving the sniper a high-five.
"Why are you ganging up on me!" Tao huffed as his snowball fell pitifully to the ground as the others dodged it with ease.

"Everyone, let's go back inside now," Frankenstein's voice was drowned out by Tao's loud cheering when he successfully landed a snowball on Ikhan.

Everyone but Tao grouped, forming snowballs as Tao crouched down to gather the most snow he could carry. Dashing towards the group, he successfully managed to hit M-21 (who was being used as a shield by Shinwoo).
M-21 rolled his eyes, brushing off the snow from his jacket as Shinwoo began to grab onto the snowballs the group had made.

"Have the snowball of wrath!" Shinwoo cried out theatrically at Tao— who had been celebrating his successful attack.
Tao was quick to notice the incoming attack, and dodged. But that was his mistake.

The snowball went past Tao, and straight towards Rai— who stared at the incoming 'snowball of wrath'.
Tao could swear he noticed Frankenstein move more swiftly than he had ever seen Takeo do, but was too late.

The snowball hit Rai on the shoulder, and he continued to stare for a moment. And then he staggered back dramatically, placing his hand where the snowball had hit— just like he had seen the characters in games do.

Shinwoo whooped, but his voice quickly faltered, eyes widening. "No!"
Shinwoo began to dash, followed by a Tao who was holding twice the size of the red-head's snowball.

"I'm too fast for you!" Shinwoo poked out his tongue at Tao— who began to speed up— and Shinwoo yelped.

But before Tao could get Shinwoo, he was hit in the back of his head by a snowball thrice the size of his own.

"Everyone," Frankenstein spoke, this time much louder (so that Tao would stop searching for the person who attacked him— Frankenstein didn't want to excite the hacker much more knowing it was him who did so).
"Let's head in to have hot chocolate."

"Aren't you cold?" Yuna asked M and Takeo, who had simply hung a jacket over their usual attire— unlike the kids who had dressed properly for the snow.
"I am," said Tao, nearly slipping as he dashed past everyone and into the house as he dusted off the snow in his hair.

Frankenstein walked straight to the kitchen to prepare the hot chocolate, followed by Seira, and the other two girls who watched the process.
In the living room, Tao had claimed the seat closest to the fireplace while Shinwoo and Ikhan stood by him, the brunet retelling the amusing moments of the snowball fight accompanied by the red-head’s exaggerated acting, their audience being Takeo, Regis and M-21.

Rai walked towards the window, eyeing the scenery which was draped in the pure white snow. He had watched as the seasons changed, bringing along some fun times  to remember. Rai watched as a particularly large snowflake drifted down the window; it was winter again— his third snowy winter in the house.

Turning to watch as everyone chatted loudly, he smiled softly. One more year ended, another one started. A new year to make memories and to cherish those close to you.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

Happy New Year everyone!!🥳🥳🥳
M

ay the new year bring lots of joy and alow you to make wonderful memories you can smile and laugh!

※ ※ ※ ※ ※