Caught

Pairings: None
Warnings: None

Footsteps were approaching, M-21 could hear it.

He sucked in a deep breath, questioning how he had gotten involved in this mess. Currently, he was stuck in a wardrobe, keeping his guard up while he heard the silenced footsteps wander outside the wardrobe.

The doors of the wardrobe creaked open, revealing a surprised Tao and Takeo. Before either could make a sound, M-21 pulled them in, swinging the door shut, cautious to prevent any sound.

Silence.

The silence remained for a few minutes before it was broken by Tao sighing. Takeo glanced in the hacker's direction, which resulted in his hair smacking M-21 in the face.
"It's going to take a while," Tao whispered.

"Aha!" The three men fell silent at the sound of the room's door being thrown open.
Tao brought a finger to his lips, indicating the other two to be silent, which went without saying.

The person outside the wardrobe fell silent. Footsteps rang in the room before the wardrobe door was thrown open.

"Foun– Oh, wow!"
The three stepped outside, their presence was revealed, so no point in hinding any longer.

"Caught three together!" Karias exclaimed as Rajak peeped into the room.
"Three caught, three to go!" Karias chimed, motioning for the three humans to follow.

"You go there," Karias turned to Rajak, pointing in a certain direction.
"We'll go there," he pointed in the opposite direction. Rajak nodded, and Karias sent the Kertia a thumbs-up before heading off.

"Do you know where the others could be hiding?" The Clan Leader glanced over his shoulder, sighing when they shook their heads.

"The Noblesse's mansion sure is huge." The Noble sighed, thinking of any potential hiding spots. "Any ideas on where they might be?"

"Nope," Tao replied. They hadn't spent much time in the mansion, meaning they weren't familiar with most parts of the estate.
But neither were the other Nobles familiar with the layout. There would a be a good chance of them getting lost in order to hide.

The four walked through a long corridor, opening each door to find themselves facing an empty room.
"Oh—" Tao chuckled, "I didn't think you would be here."
Karias and the two humans got to the hacker's side, finding Frankenstein reading in the room.
"A... library?" M-21 stared at the shelves filling the room.
The house was huge, no denying that, so a library wouldn't be so surprising.
"What were you doing?" Frankenstein glanced up from his book, eyeing the three humans and Noble rather suspiciously.
"Playing hide and seek!" Tao beamed.

The blond stared at the four for a second before giving a hum as acknowledgement.
"Have you seen Seira, Regis or Rael by any chance?" Karias asked, hoping for an answer.
Frankenstein returned his gaze to the book he had been reading. He stayed silent for a moment, as if contemplating whether or not to answer.
"The upper floor," he said.

With a 'thanks,' Karias guided the trio to the upper floor.
It was dead silent.
Karias remained still, hearing for any sounds to give out the hiding place of anyone on the level.

The silence remained, making it seem as if no one where there.
But that assumption was proved incorrect when a muffled voice came from one of the rooms.
The smile on Karias' face widened as he tip-toed towards the certain room.
"Shut up!" Rael hissed, but kept his voice low. If the four hadn't been vigilant, they wouldn't have been able to hear the young Kertia's voice.

Tao began to grin as the Blester Clan Leader threw open the door.

No one...

What...?

"Under the bed," Takeo mouthed to the Noble, who nodded.
Tao lowered himself towards once side of the bed, Karias on the other as the other two watched.
The two lifted the bed skirt in a synchronised manner, yelling, "Peek-a-boo!"

A small yelp came from under the bed, the voice belonging to Regis, without doubt, while Rael clicked his tongue.

"If you had stayed quiet, we wouldn't have gotten caught," Rael glared at the Landegre.
"If you didn't steal my place we wouldn't have been caught!" Regis glared back.
"Alright," Karias separated the two, "we need to find Seira. Rajak might have caught her."

"Where is she?" Karias sighed, rubbing his forehead. They searched the whole mansion, which was time-consuming, but it was fruitless.
"There's only one place to check!" Tao chimed, the Blester giving him a nod, understanding his point.
"Was she even playing?" M-21 muttered out.
"Maybe she wasn't given an option like us," Takeo whispered back as they followed the group towards the only room they didn't check— the room where the Noblesse was.

"Rajak?" Karias eyed the Kertia who stood by the door. "Didn't find Seira?"
The Kertia Clan Leader nodded. He knocked on the door before opening the door.
"Seira?" Regis blinked, watching the Loyard put down her tea cup. "You... weren't playing?"
The confused, or rather blank look on her face meant she wasn't in the game.
"You're the winner of hide and seek!" Tao beamed, Karias smiling beside him too.

"She wasn't playing?" Rael question in a low voice.
"Seems so," Regis replied.
"Let's play again!" Tao suggested and was quick to receive agreement from Karias.

Tao turned to Raizel, who was silently watching the group.
"Do you want to join us?"
The Noblesse was quick to nod, as if excited.
"Great!" Tao clasped his hand, "we should ask if boss is interested too!"

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

Was just wondering if the Franken household visited Lukedonia after all the fuss with the Union, how would they spend their time.
And school is giving a lot of work recently so I mught not update as frequently.
Have a good day/night!

※ ※ ※ ※ ※