Nieces Pt.1

Pairings: None
Warnings: None

Rael scanned the room, his eyes pausing over certain places like the curtains, under the dinning table and behind the furniture. He could feel their presence in the room, but didn't want to catch them just yet.

He didn't understand how the playful daughters of his elder brother manage to climb the kitchen cabinets and slither into the gab between the cabinet and the ceiling.
But he would be lying if he said he wasn't impressed by their stealth.

But that thought didn't last long when he heard muffled giggles from where the two kids had been hiding. Not bothering to suppress his smile, he continued to feign confusion as he continued to look behind the furniture.

Letting a few minutes pass in useless wandering, Rael finally climbed up the kitchen platform, letting the girls know that they had been found with a soft 'peekaboo'.
The duo began to laugh as Rael pulled them out of their hiding spot, beginning to tickle them once they had their feet to the floor.

Getting to spend his days with his nieces like this, Rael had never felt more contented. He flashed the duo a prideful smile as they caught their breath from all the laughter.

"Enough play-time now," Rael said as he began to usher the girls to their room. "You have to study now."
"But play-time got over so fast!" The younger girl pouted, crossing her arms as she gave Rael a 'I-still-want-to-play!' look.
"We'll play again," Rael knelt down beside her combing his fingers through her messed up hair. "But after you have completed study time, alright?"

The younger child pondered over the idea before nodding, making her hair get messy once more. This widened the smile on Rael's face as he brought them to their room, passing them their books as he sat in between them, answering any questions they had.

"Uncle Rael!" The two children whined as they rushed towards him. Rael pulled them in a hug as they continued to complain in chorus.
"Father isn't letting us have more cookies!"
"Not even one more cookie!"
"Why can't we have more?"
Rael chuckled as he let their train of whines continue to rush on at full speed, glancing up to where Rajak Kertia had been standing, his arms crossed and eyes staring at the two girls.

The smile on the older Kertia was hidden by his mask, and he had a look of fondness on his face, and Rael could tell that his brother was using all the willpower in him to prevent surrendering the cookie jar to the young girls.

With the end of the whining, and the pouts and harmless and playful glares, Rajak left the kitchen saying he needed to complete his clan leader duties.

"Who wants cookies?" Rael whispered once Rajak was out of earshot, letting a smile slip on his face as the girl's began to jump, their voices chorused as they yelled 'me!'
"Only one," Rael reached out for the jar, chuckling as the girls nodded, their overflowing glee radiating brightly.

"Uncle Rael?" The door to his room slid open revealing the two young nobles by his door, poking their heads through the slightly opened door.
He hummed, closing the book he was reading as he watched the two walk in, a comb and a ribbon in each of their hands.
"Can you do our hair?" The elder one asked, a hopeful glint in her eyes as they looked up at him expectantly.
Rael smiled, nodding before helping them climb up to his bed.

Rael took the comb from their hands, slowly and carefully brushing their hair before bringing their hair in a ponytail, securing it with the ribbon.
Once he finished tying their hair, the girls flash him a bright smile as they hopped off his bed.
"Uncle Rael?" The younger one called out. "Can you read us a bedtime story?"
Rael smiled as he nodded, picking the two girls as he takes them to their room.

"Which one—?" Rael's question was cut off by the two girls, who already knew his question as they began to throw suggestions one after the other.
"The dragon one!" The younger girl cheered, throwing her hands in the air.

"No, the one about the fairies!" The elder one suggested.
"Or how about the one with the big castles!" The younger one ignored her sister as she glanced up at Rael.
The elder one glanced at the younger, seemingly conflicted whether to stick to her previous choice or to support the other one's.

"How about all of them!" The younger one cheered, earning a bright smile of agreement from the older.
"But it will get too late," Rael tried to reason but the two girls pouted.
Rael sighed. The two girls knew very well that a pout and puppy eyes is enough to convince him.
"...alright."
The grils cheered as they jumped up and down on their bed, celebrating their victory.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

This was requested by HikariLydiaAoiKohana! The second part of your request will be published soon!
Rael is a big softie for kids, I possibly can't be the only one who believes that, right?

※ ※ ※ ※ ※