To You

Pairings: Ludis x Fem!Reader
Warnings: None

〔 In this oneshot, Y/n is shown to have a good singing voice, not that I relate to that^^; 〕

Ludis walked towards the garden of the Elenor Manor, hearing the chirping of birds and the soft sound of someone singing. It was no surprise for him to find Y/n in the garden, sitting by the statue of a stag, the grass swaying in the wind as Y/n continued to sing to herself, her eyes shut and hands cradling a morning glory flower which had fallen.

"There's no promise that I won't keep," Y/n sang, her voice gentle.
Ludis had heard her sing this song many times that he even managed to remember the lyrics.
"I'll climb a mountain, there's none too steep."
He chorused, a smile appearing on his face as he watched her eyes snap open in surprise.

"I didn’t notice you coming," she mumbled, getting up hastedly, an embarrassed blush brightening her ears. "Are you here to meet sister?"
Ludis responded with a nod, his signature smile a tad bit wider— more genuine.
"She isn't home yet," Y/n gave him an apologetic smile, but he shook his head.
"That's fine," he smiled.

"So, what plans do you have for now?" Y/n glanced at him curiously.
"Maybe I'll visit Rajak," Ludis shrugged.
"Rajak-nim is scary," Y/n tried to joke but her chuckle sounded like her soul left her body.
"He's not," Ludis' reply was quick. "He's nice once you get to know him."
Y/n shuddered, remembering the cold, distant stare of the Kertia when she had once accompanied Rozaria till the Lord's Throne Room.

Ludis had a feeling Rajak and Y/n would be good friends once they start talking, but to get Y/n to start talking to anyone itself was a big feat.

"Then how about visiting Karias? He's far from being anything like Rajak," Ludis resisted laughing at the way Y/n scrunched up her nose.
"He's weird," Y/n replied, rolling her eyes, but the smile on her face made it clear that she was thinking that the blond was rather fun to watch mess around.

"Then what do you suggest?" Ludis asked, glancing her way. "What do you want us to do?"
Y/n blinked, running a list of possible things to do in her mind.

"How about we go to the Castle?" She suggested, having a particular room pop into her mind. She had visited the Castle a lot of times with Rozaria and Ludis, but out of all the rooms, she preferred the room she liked to call the music room, because it was where a few musical instruments had been kept. There had never been many opportunities to celebrate, but whenever the Nobles did hold functions, the instruments were played.

Y/n loved music, but never played anything in front of the Lord, or many of the Clan Leaders, if she made even one mistake, that would be stuck to her for the rest of her life.
Ludis was anything but surprised at her suggestion, but nonetheless he agreed.

When the duo reached the room, they were surprised to find the door open.
Y/n was ready to run off when she found Rajak in the room, accompanied by Karias and Claudia.
"First time seeing you here," Ludis smiled as he ushered Y/n into the room, who was mentally screaming.
"Karias-nim suggested meeting," Claudia smiled. It was rare to see her around after she completed her duties at the Castle, so it wasn't a surprise that Karias would push her to get more accustomed to socialising.

"What about you?" Karias glanced between Ludis and Y/n.
Ludis glanced at her, but she was already looking his way, hoping he would answer.
"Y/n wanted to come here," Ludis replied.
"Why don't you play something for us, Y/n?" Ludis smiled at her, indicating towards the piano. The way Y/n paled made it seem she was about to pass out.
"Even Claudia can play!" Karias smiled at the purple-haired Noble, who gave a similar reaction as Y/n's.