Halloween

Pairings: None
Warnings: None

Tao wouldn't stop muttering, M-21 had long began to mute out the hacker's voice and he could tell Takeo wasn't listening either, simply nodding ever once in a while.
He went on about, "needing to be early to the party" because "what if the kids got a something wrong with the size of our costumes" and "maybe I should've joined the children while they went shopping".

It was a good thing that Tao hadn't, he would've gotten some ridiculous costumes for everyone. The children were fun-loving, but they would pick better costumes than Tao would....
.... maybe....
Not that he could change whatever is to happen, M-21 might as well prepare himself for the unexpected.

"What're you kids up to?" Takeo's voice brought M-21 out of his thoughts. He hadn't realized that the three of them had stopped in one of the alleys beside the school campus.
The kids wore the uniform of Ye Ran and so they had to send these kids off.
"You should head home now," Tao tried to convince them but the kids only frowned, muttering something which was an obvious protest.
"Or we'll have to call your parents," M-21 prevented rolling his eyes. The kids always got back to being obedient whenever their parents were mention. He picked it up from when a few kids had been caught fighting and a teacher had threatened to do so; he'd never seen those kids causing trouble again.

As expected, the kids grabbed their bags and dashed off, leaving M-21 feeling triumphant.
"What were they doing?" M-21 frowned at the chalk and- what was that? A drawing? A circle with some kind of design- lines and triangles.

Tao, curious as he was, had knelt down and reached out to touch the chalk powder before flinching away as a gust of wind began to swirl past them.
The wind stopped as abruptly as it started, leaving them in shock for a moment.
"The wind must have blown away the chalk powder," Tao dusted his clothes as eyed the ground-the drawing, or whatever it was, was gone.
"Let's... go," Takeo ushered Tao out of the alley. Weird as was, M-21 didn't want to think much of it and so complied.
"Shinwoo had sent the address-" Tao said as pulled out his phone, "it should take us not longer than a few mi- huh?"
Tao tapped the screen a few times, but it didn't light up.

The street seemed oddly quiet, no cars, no crowd rushing home from being exhausted at work. Takeo, beside M-21, seemed to notice the same, his hand kept going to where he had placed his pistol. M-21 always preferred it when Tao kept them informed about their surroundings whenever they had sensed enemies in the area. Sure they weren't any in the area at the moment, but he hated not having intel on who all were around him, and the eerie atmosphere didn't help.

It wasn't hard for Takeo to catch M-21's eyes, noticing his silent confusion.
"Do... you like blueberries?"
What- oh. Oh- the newly made code language that Tao told them to use. Ridiculous as it was, it did come in use when they needed to keep their guard up, especially since someone was following them.

Tao, who was busy with trying to get hid phone to start, stopped, turning to look at Tao with a seriousness that M-21 hadn't seen in a while.
"Five o'clock," Takeo added in a whisper.
M-21 felt tempted to look over his shoulder to have a look for himself. It would've been better to know how the enemy looked so they could analyse if they could fight them or needed to retreat.
"Huh?"
The grim look on Tao's face was replaced with surprise as his eyes concentrated on something behind Takeo and M-21.

"I'm sure it's you," someone spoke from behind them and M-21 knew he had heard this voice somewhere.
Turning around to see who it is, he confirmed his suspicion. He did in fact hear the voice of the Previous Lord of Nobles once.
"You're-!"
"I got it right," the blond smiled with a hint of pride before the smile got replaced by a frown. "How are you three here?"
"Aren't we supposed to ask that?" Tao chuckled, his hand running through the hair, seemingly taken aback. It would've been a surprise if he was calm- who in their right mind would be calm when they see someone who's supposed to he dead like- what? For a few centuries? M-21 didn't bother remembering if Frankenstein had given the details.