Holidays

Rozaria swung the frying pan towards Karias, who's face wasn't ruptured due to Ludis pulling the blond away, and out the kitchen, followed by a sighing Kei.

"Why does he always have to come wreck chaos— especially eager when told not to!" Rozaria huffed.

Claudia gave the raging red head a few reassuring pats on the shoulder before continuing to assist Seira with their dinner's preparations.
"It's bad enough that we had to ban him from the kitchen, but even with Kei and Ludis by his side, he still tries to hijack the kitchen!" Rozaria continued to bellow about his audacious doings. "Worse with a good cook like Kei having to banish himself in order to keep that misfit away!"

Claudia sighed. Sure, as much as she appreciated Karias' failed attempts to assist them, she couldn't help but agree with Rozaria's anger.
"Is there any way I can provide assistance?" Came a voice from behind the three, immediately shushing Rozaria's train of rants.

"Lord!" Rozaria turned around with such force, Seira needed to dodge the Elenor's red hair from slapping her.
"It's alright, we three are enough to prepare the food, you needn't burden yourself!"

Of course, having expected the immediate refusal from her, Raskreia waited for a moment, in case Rozaria had a change of mind— which didn't happen— before the leaving the three to do their task.

☀︎

Away from the kitchen, Karias was nearly dragged into the bungalow's garden. It wasn't hard to notice the ripening tomatoes on the vine, nor the watermelons peeking through grass, which was mowed into perfection. Frankenstein might not have visited the bungalow for a while, but the gardeners worked hard and with honesty.

Karias lowered himself onto the grass, feeling it tickle his palms as he brushed his hand through it, Ludis had his interest caught by an army of ants, marching towards the ant hill.
"We all have changed," said Kei as he crossed his arms, his eyes examining the vegetables before turning his gaze to Karias and Ludis.
"Something which hasn't happened for quite a while," Karias remarked, a grin on his face.
"The Previous Lord would be glad," Ludis chuckled.

☀︎

Past the gardens which enveloped the bungalow, the modified humans were accompanied by Regis, who leaned back against a tree. The moon was bright— brighter than in the cities, where the pollution dulls its majestic glow— its waning cresent form reflected by the water, which behaved like a mirror for the heavens.

The trio stood silently by its bank, listening to the rustling of leaves, the ripples in the pond's surface, caused by both: the pebbles tearing through the stillness and the breeze caressing the water.

The lack of noise, for once, was soothing; none of the destructive explosions from fights, nor the screaming of innocent humans who were caught in the supernatural events, and away from the fun, yet chaotic and childlike games of the children. The silence meant serenity, and not the eternal silence caused by the passing of someone dear.

Takeo tossed a pebble into the water, watching it fall on the surface and drown into the depts of the pond. M-21 made no effort to hide the smile which appeared onto his face.
It was nice, he thought, watching Tao drop a leaf into the pond. Nice to finally be surrounded by those who he trusted, free from being an experimental thing to be used then tossed away after being termed as 'useless'.

The leaf drifted blissfully on the water like a ship on calm seas. It brought no special excitement, like which would have arised in the young, curious mind of a child, yet, for some reason, it was something they had done frequently during their time at the bungalow. It brought them peace which they had previously been deprived of. The woods gifted them tranquility daily, and they enjoyed every second of it.