Red Tulips pt-2

Pairings: Frankenstein x Lunark
Warnings: None

"Coffee? Again?"

Frankenstein glanced over his shoulder, releasing a chuckle at the way the werewolf scrunched up her nose at the sight of the mug.
"I had to reduce my coffee consumption because apparently, you aren't very comfortable with the scent."
"Isn't that good?" Lunark narrowed her eyes at the mug, as if it would disappear if she stared hard enough.

The blond sighed, muttering something Lunark processed as: "At least M-21 wasn't this sensitive to coffee."
"Too much coffee isn't good for humans too," Lunark crossed her arms, glaring harder when Frankenstein sipped the coffee.

"Coffee's a necessity if you're stuck in an office signing papers all day. Worse if a student gets in trouble and their parents are called."
"You enjoy your time at that school despite the workload," Lunark leaned against the kitchen counter, watching as he consumed the rest of his coffee.

"At least you stick to maximum two cups of coffee now," Lunark sighed, not wanting to think of how her day starts with the scent of the coffee.
Frankenstein gave her a shrug, "I'm not the only one who drinks coffee. Don't throw all the blame on me."

Lunark rolled her eyes, glancing at the purple-haired sniper on the other side of the room, sipping a cup of coffee.
Her sight then went on the hacker on the sofa beside Takeo.

"Did someone give him coffee again?" She turned her head to Frankenstein, but kept her eyes on Tao.

The blond froze for half a moment before turning to have a look at the modified human.
Tao kept tapping his knee, behaving more restless than usual.
"He might have stolen a sip from Takeo's coffee," the blond concluded.
"Again..."
Lunark shook her head, the memory of the hacker trying out coffee for the first time flashing into her mind. That was a disaster. Tao was energetic enough without the intake of caffeine.

Silence fell for a few minutes, everyone being in the rush to get ready for work. Well... except for Lunark, who didn't have a job, and Frankenstein, who was already prepared for the day.
"What do you plan on doing today?" Frankenstein asked as he watched Tao follow M-21 around, unable to sit in one place.
Lunark tilted her head, silently watching as Tao walked into a wall. When the hacker let out a silent giggle at his mistake, Lunark doubted if he was under the influence of alcohol rather than coffee.

"No idea," she shrugged, "might go to the park."
"You can visit the school," Frankenstein suggested, not reacting as Tao silently swatted at Takeo's hair, while the sniper didn't notice (or rather didn't care).
"And help you out with paperwork?" Lunark rolled her eyes at the thought. In her years of being the Fifth Elder, documents was her worst nightmare.

"Paperwork would be better than staying alone with no work," Frankenstein glanced at her for a brief moment before returning his gaze to the sniper who was trying to escape from the hacker's sudden interest in his hair.

"Just say you want me to spend time with you rather than your excuses," Lunark stared at the blond, who gave her a smile.
"Do you not want that?"
The werewolf rolled her eyes at his question, but let the small smile slip onto her face.
"I'll come." Lunark glanced at him before adding, "but won't help with the stacked papers."
Frankenstein gave her a shrug but smiled.

The paperwork on the desk of the principal and founder of Ye Ran Highschool was far lesser than what Lunark remembers Frankenstein describe.
But she shrugged it off since Frankenstein didn't have papers piled to form towers now that he was able to give his attention to the work, unlike from when he was busied with bringing down the Union.

"It's hard to believe humans are quick to move on," Lunark silently commented, staring out the window behind her husband's desk.
The blond glances back at her, listening to her voicing out her thoughts.
"Just months ago the world was in turmoil with all the craze of the Union. But now, everything is back to normal, as if it all was a bad dream."

Lunark glanced back when Frankenstein sighed. He put down his reading glasses and put away his pen before joining her by the window.
"Humans live short lives," he said, also watching as the students played soccer in the school's playground.
"They are busied with work and are chasing after time to achieve their dreams. If they waited to ponder over things, the world would go silent."

Lunark let out a sigh. It was true, what Frankenstein said. Time is slow for Nobles and Werewolves. But for the humans, they live quick lives.
The human race was quick to recover from lots of problems. The emotional scars left by those problems do take time to heal, but they go on and keep moving.

The two remained in a comfortable silence, watching as the students made their way back to the school building after the bell rung, indicating the end of their PE class.

As the sun retired to lower under the horizon, it wrapped the city in a orange glow.
Lunark and Frankenstein joined the small group of children who walked back home alongside the Noblesse and three enhanced humans.

"Which game should we play?" One of the boys, the red haired one who went by the name Han Shinwoo pulled out two board games from his bag.
"I bet he doesn't have textbooks in his bag," Lunark silently whispered to the blond beside her, who suppressed a chuckle.
"Principal Lee, you should join us!" Ikhan— the brown haired boy suggested, glancing in their direction with a hopeful gaze.
"Mrs Lee should join too!" Yuna smiled at Lunark, who was slightly surprised at their request.

Lunark didn't refuse and sat beside the girls, watching as the game started.
Sometimes... Lunark can't help but think about the one nuclear missile which was heading towards the city she currently lived in. It was no less than a miracle for the place to still stand.
Sometimes... the werewolf thinks back and questions how she had been an Elder of the Union which had horrid plans.

But each time, she remembers that one very famous quote: 'Everything happens for a reason'.
Yes, at times, things seem to be unexplainable. But there will be a time when you look back at the times when you were extremely trouble and think, 'yes, it happened for a reason'.

Lunark joining the Union was the reason she was acquainted with Frankenstein and those he took under his wing.
It was her who brought Frankenstein to the Werewolf's land to treat Muzaka because she had been acquainted with the blond scientist, who she met when she visited South Korea as an Elder of the Union.

The trouble they faced together is what helped the members of the household lean onto each other. They faced things together, and that is the reason they stand strong together as a group. A team. A family.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

Part-two was requested by ABoxOfDisappointment!
I'm glad you liked part one, but I worry this became too philosophical😅

※ ※ ※ ※ ※