Wonderland Pt-1

Noblesse × Wonderland Crossover
Pairings: None
Warnings: None

Something was wrong.
Rai glanced around, finding himself in an open field spreading as far as his sight went. Few clouds languorously drifted across the sapphire sky. The feel of the velvety grass under his palm and the rough bark of tree against his back made his mind flood with question-marks.

A flash of white, he noticed in his peripheral vision.
Glancing in the direction of the figure dashing across him, Rai tilted his head.
He was sure of who it was.

It was Regis.

But a dash of uncertainty crawled in the back of his mind.
The white bunny ears sprouted from the young boy's head wasn't something he saw everyday.

Rai stood up, watching as Regis dash past him, the younger's eyes concentrated on nothing but the pocket watch clutched in his slender, pale fingers.
Rai had never seen the boy scurry in rush a hurry, forgetting about being elegant as he scampered off.

Curious as well as confused, Rai followed Regis, who stopped by one of the few trees in the field. Regis raised a finger to trace the brown bark of the tree trunk, knocking five times. The wood vanished, revealing an opening. Rai watched as Regis entered the hollow tree, bumbling about being late.

Rai stared at the tree, bending to prevent hitting his head as he peaked into the hollow wood.

A tunnel.

Rai entered, descending a few stairsteps. The sound of fading footsteps rang from the other side of the tunnel, making a bell of warning ring inside Rai's head. Regis was behaving very un-Regis-ly.

Shaking off the thoughts floating in his head, Rai followed the length of the tunnel, which seemed unending. But the sound of footsteps gave him a sense of security knowing the younger was there.

Speeding up, Rai walked and walked and walked until he finally reached the end of the tunnel.
Taking a good glance of his surroundings, Rai searched for a glimpse of the silver-haired boy.

He was in a room.

...

A room?

The ceilings were high above his head, a few doors on the otherside of the room.
In the middle was a table, a few emptying shelves on his side.

No Regis.

...

No Regis?

But he was sure the boy had been in front of him.
Rai glanced at the doors, the only means of exit. Regis must have gone through one of the doors.

But which one?

Feeling rather confused at the unusual scenario he was in, Rai let out a silent sigh.
He reached out to the doors, one by one. All were locked.

A pang of worry struck him as he began to search for any more doors he hadn't noticed.
The only detail he hadn't noticed before was a key on the table.

Rai reached out for the key, examining the metal before glancing at the keyholes on the various doors. Most keyholes were either too large or too tiny for the key, doing so eliminated the possible doors to a much smaller number.
One by one, he inserted the key into the keyholes.
Choosing doors on random, Rai successfully unlocked a door on his fourth try.