Gone

Pairings: None
Warnings: None

The missiles were almost stopped, cities and countries were gone... just like Muzaka, Raizel and Raskreia along with Rozaria and Kei...
The cities were in shambles, those who survived wished they were gone too, unable to accept that they were forced to watch others die.

The house was fine, at least the building was...
No one had exchanged proper words for days. Frankenstein had locked himself up in his room, Seira and Regis in theirs.
Karias, Rajak and Rael were devastated too, but they remained in the sight of the modified humans, but no one exchanged a word.

The silence was too suffocating, it hurt too bad. Tao glanced across the room, towards the one seat which often been occupied by the raven-haired Noblesse. Had he been just a bit faster, he would've been able to stop those damned missiles and all would've been well...

But nothing was well, the seat was empty and the Noblesse was gone...

Tao got off the sofa where he had been sitting for what was hours, occasionally glancing in the direction of the empty seat, hoping the Noblesse would appear and break this illusion he was stuck in.

He walked past the five, aware they watched him, but the silence hurt too bad, he couldn't take it.
He dragged his feet across the corridor. Cold, empty... just like how everyone else felt.

He opened the door to his room, pushing the door close before he walked past his electronics and towards the window. He glanced up in the sky, hoping to see a hint of the Noblesse— perhaps flying back home from wherever he had been over the past week.

The sky was grey, empty, cloudless. No movement anywhere, not on the street, not in the sky. A lump began to form in his throat and his sight blurred with tears and pain clawing at his heart and for once he wished he was gone too.

His sight continued to blur and it was too much of a task to hold his tears back, and so he let them fall. Tao lied down on his bed, curling into a ball as pain strangled him, his tears continuing to flow until his head throbbed.

Tao's eyes flew open as he sat up straight, his eyes wide and heart beating hard in his ribcage. He threw the blanket off and he rushed out his room, past the other doors and into the living room.

He stopped, his lips being drawn in a wide smile as his eyes found him, sitting at his usual seat.
Tao rushed towards the sofa, sitting down beside him, tears forming in his eyes as relief flooding him as he realised it was just a dream.

"Are you alright?" He asked, knowing it wasn't necessary; he was right there, in front of him, but he wanted to be sure he wasn't imagining.
"I am," Raizel affirmed with a smile as Tao wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt.
"I'm here and well," he smiled reassuringly, seeming to know why Tao had ran in with his eyes bloodshot.

Tao continued to smile widely before he decided to lie down on the couch. Raizel patted him on his head, earning a satisfied look from the hacker.
"Rest well," Raizel whispered as Tao drifted to sleep.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

This was requested by OncerLiya, though it's not exactly as you requested.

The missiles were nuclear, so had they not been stopped, the loss would be too much, not te mention the radiation afterwards. But for the sake of the oneshot, let's roll with it😅

※ ※ ※ ※ ※