A New Start

Pairings: Rael x Seira
Warnings: None

Ever since Rajak Kertia entered his eternal sleep while protecting Lukedonia and Rael became the Leader of the Kertia Clan, the young clan leader had matured a lot. His behaviour which resembled wild fire had now become like a calm ocean.

"Rajak would be proud of you," Karias would compliment the young Kertia every now and then.
It was no lie that Rael had become a whole new person. His crimson eyes that once had a glint of wild passion, now held a the warmth of responsibility.

Rael would often be found practicing his skills, much like how his late brother did. Or would be drowning himself in the duties of a clan leader (also like how Rajak used to do).

"Rael!" Karias yelled out for the younger blond, "where did you go now?!"
The Blester Clan Leader, having promised Rajak to take care of Rael, decided to drag Rael away for a break.
But Rael being Rael, was stubborn.

After somehow bringing the Kertia away from his work in his study, Karias was now struggling to find him. Not that Rael got lost, he was just using his skills- the ability to become invisible- to escape.

"Rael!" Karias ran through the forest, knowing Rael wouldn't leave the place for the sole reason being to tease the older.
"Should I he proud of your skills or should I be frustrated?!" He yelled out into space, not really aware if Rael could hear or not.

"Karias-nim?" The blond snapped his head to find the young silver-haired Clan Leader.
"Seira!" His gaze went to the Death Scythe that she held, "where you practising?"
She nodded.
"Ah, sorry to disturb you. Have you seen Rael?"
He asked, hoping she could be of help. But she shook her head.
Karias sighed, rubbing his forehead, "yeah, of course. How could you see someone who's invisible..."

"You don't need to snitch about me." A voice which belonged to a certain Kertia called put from behind Karias, making him sigh.
"You're coming with me," Karias said, gripping Rael's forearm.
"We'll get going now, Seira," Karias said as Rael attempted to wave at the Loyard girl.
Seira sent a short wave at them, watching as they walked away.

"I'm not in the mood for strolls in a garden, Karias," Rael grumbled as he let himself be dragged by the Noble.
"Then what do you want to do?" He asked, glancing back at the younger.
"Nothing."
"That's not an option. You're coming with me."
Rael sighed, pulling his hand out of Karias' grip, silently following.

"Stay here, I'll be back in a few," Karias said before rushing off, not waiting for a reaction.
Rael considered leaving, but shook off the idea because he had already teased the Blester enough earlier in the forest.

Rael crossed his arms, glancing around the garden. It was the garden in the Castle and was a place the Previous Lord had enjoyed spending his free time in.
Now that Rael had gotten a reason to be there, he could understand why its a place adored by many.

The flowers swayed in the breeze, their scent floating around in the air as butterflies danced around. The blond walked closer to the sunflower bush. The yellow petals gave off a vibrant, happy vibe, making the Kertia unknowingly smile.

He lifted his gaze from the flowers when he heard approaching footsteps. He expected it to be Karias Blester, but instead, Seira had come.
She walked in, her eyes in the opposite direction of Rael. The Loyard Clan Leader walked towards a bush of lilies.
Rael stared, confused at how the unusually alert Loyard hadn't noticed his presence.

Rael watched as she touched one of the lilies, careful not to damage the beautiful flowers.
He approached her, making sure not to surprise her.
"Hello," he said, crossing his hands behind his back, a soft smile on his face.
Seira glanced up at him, returning his smile for a brief second, quick to return her gaze to the flowers.

Seira caressed the petal of a lily, staring intently. Whether she was deep in thought or if she was admiring the beauty, Rael couldn't tell.
The silver-haired girl retracted her hand, slowly glancing in Rael's direction.
"Can we spar?"
Momentarily taken aback at the sudden request, Rael remained silent.
"We... could. But I thought you practise with Rozaria-nim?"
Seira nodded, turning to fully face the Kertia. "I do practice with her. But I wanted to spar with someone else."

Rael glanced over at the butterflies that flew close to the two before returning his gaze back to her. "You don't need to push yourself to hard. I heard from Karias that you spend hours to improve your skills before drowning yourself in your duties."
"But I am lacking. I must work hard to become a better Clan Leader."

Rael clenched his jaws, inhaling deeply to calm himself before looking straight into her eyes.
"You aren't lacking in your skills. You have been strong enough to take the position of a Clan Leader at a very young age. I don't understand why you're a lacking Clan Leader when you are strong enough."

Seira seemed taken aback by his words, for her eyes had widened slightly. She quickly composed herself before replying.
"I appreciate you think that of me, Rael Kertia."
Giving him a small smile, she turned to leave.

"Ah, wait!" Rael said, making her look back at him.
"I'm sorry. For the way I used to behaved previously." Rael said, scratching the back of his head. "If you want, maybe we can be friends?"
He extended his hand out, a faint blush covering his cheeks.
Smiling at his hand, Seira took his hand, giving it a small shake.
"I would like that."

Rael smiled, waving to her as she left. It satisfied him that now they could have a new start. He behaved like a total jerk previously, but he wanted to change that. He wanted to be someone his elder brother would be proud of. He wanted to be a Leader such that his descendants would be proud of.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

This was requested by HikariLydiaAoiKohana
I hope you liked this oneshot!
What would you like to read next?

※ ※ ※ ※ ※