Distraction

Pairings: None
Warnings: None (other than the weirdness)

Music gently flowed through the ballroom, people swaying to the notes, dancing along with their partners or friends.
A few gasps caught the people's attention as they shuffled away from the centre where someone danced.

Their body reacted to the music like a peacock to the dark rain clouds. Their golden dress flowed beautifully around them, fabric so shiny, so smooth, it appeared like flowing gold, the morning sun rays seeping through the clouds, the gentle waves of the sea.
Their hair of similar colour flowed down their shoulders and swayed with every move, a masquerade mask hiding away the person's face from everyone’s eyes.

Whispers accompanied the music, all eyes trailing the dancing figure as they spoke of the elegance of the unknown person who appeared so suddenly and captured the attention of all.

"How much longer?" The dancing figure whispered, receiving an almost instant response from their earpiece which was hidden away behind their hair.
"Just a while longer."
They continued to dance to the music, aware of the staring eyes, yet not fazed by it.

"Alright— you can leave now."

The music slowed to a stop, and before anyone could see where they went, they vanished out of the ballroom.

"Tao," Frankenstein sighed, his golden dress changing into his usual attire— his suit was much more comfortable than a ball gown and it was no surprise to him.
"Yes, boss?" Came Tao’s voice through the earpiece just as Takeo and M-21 appeared around the corner, joining him on the way to the back exit.
"Find another way to distract people next time," he tried to keep his tone neutral. He did agree to this idea because it was a last-moment-plan-failed-and-we-need-a-distraction situation.

It was more than enough that they had to go around clearing the city of the few loyal agents of the Union. Sure it was helping the KSA and ensuring no more disasters occur, but he just wanted a break from all this 'Union hunting'. What was an agent doing at a formal party in the first place? He would demand all explanations from Tao once they reach home.

Frankenstein noticed the momentarily appearing smile as M-21 caught Takeo's eyes, and that was enough for the blond to start his plotting so he could get even with those two and be the one who's amused.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

I saw this picture and thought: what if Frankenstein ever had to dress in a gown?
And that's how I ended up writing this😆

This is the sixty-first published chapter in this book, I'm genuinely surprised I managed to get this far😅
Thanks to all the readers for reading my works and leaving comments and voting!!

(Ps: to anyone who's wondering, I'm going to publish every 5 days, maybe 7 if I have trouble completing what I wrote. The way I kept publishing before took a huge chunk of my time and also got me feeling mentally exhausted
Also, I do the requests as per the order I get them, but if I had something I had already written– like this one, I had the idea in my mind for a while– I'll publish it and then continue with the requests)

※ ※ ※ ※ ※