Unexpected Gift

"Hello, Bondita..." a deep, husky yet recognisable voice queried.

Bondita's heart skipped a beat- her eyes widened and she opened her mouth to reply but she couldn't formulate any words. Even Bharathi noticed the stillness in Bondita's body language.

".......s-sakha babu??......."

She didn't even need to hear his name to identify who was speaking to her. The voice, although had some minor changes, was crystal clear as to who it was- her sakha babu. Hearing what she said, Bharathi was shook too.

On the other side, Anirudh's heart was racing. Did he call the right number? The voice on the phone call sounded more like a woman than a child; was this his Bondita? But hearing 'sakha babu' clarified his thoughts as only one person in this entire world has the right to call him that.

"Ha Bondita, it's me Anirudh. I know I told you I won't be making any phone calls to you but I had to today. I wanted to apologise about your gift- but don't worry, you should receive it by the end of the month. Oh sorry I forgot; H-Happy Birthday Bondita..."

Bondita closed her eyes out of satisfaction and tears rolled down her burning face. She had never felt this relieved ever in her life.

"Thank you, sakha babu. How are you? It's been so long since we talked to each other?"

Anirudh put the telephone to his chest and started crying quietly. It has been a very long time since someone cared about him properly and his loneliness was creeping in again. He wanted to tell her everything yet he couldn't. He took a deep breath and placed the phone back to his ear.

"I'm fine Bondita. How are you?"
"I'm good too"
"So... um... what are you planning to do today?"
"Errr... I am planning to go to a restaurant with my friend."
"Ahh that's nice. Well I'll let you get on with your day then,"
"Ok sakha babu, bye..."
"Bye Bondita..."

Simultaneously, they both hung up the phone. Bondita gradually turned around to face Bharathi who was waiting for her response. Slowly, a smile grew on her face and she was grinning so wide that it scared Bharathi for a second as he's never seen this avatar of Bondita. She started to jump up and down and started clapping.

"BHARATHIIII! My sakha babu actually called me today! He spoke to me!!! This is the best gift EVER!!!" screamed Bondita.

The receptionists were a bit annoyed by her behaviour and kissed their teeth. Bondita and Bharathi noticed this and moved to a corner.

"Oh my god. Look at you! You are so happy! I've never seen you like this," laughed Bharathi.

"Of course I am happy! I was so upset this morning that I received no gift from sakha babu but I never expected this from him!"

"I know right, even I was surprised that he called."

Bharathi then looked down at his stomach that has gone in.
"Umm Bondita can we eat now, hehe"

Bondita looked at Bharathi seriously for a second and started laughing out loudly.

"Hahaha fine fine let's go, else someone is going to die from starvation!" she laughed as they started walking towards a 3 star hotel nearby.

Meanwhile in India, it has been 5 minutes since Anirudh hung up the phone but he was still shivering from the adrenaline rush. He thought to himself, "Anirudh, this better be the last time you make any phone calls to London. It's too dangerous,"