Life is full of Regrets

"Hello, Miss Bondita Das. It's nice to meet you again..."

Bondita was stunned to see who was in front of her. It was a face she never, never wanted to see again in her life. Within a second, Bondita grasped Bharathi's hand and ran out of the campus. They were running so fast that Bharathi was breathless within minutes. He stacked and nearly fell over but Bondita caught him.

"Bo-Bondita!" gasped Bharathi breathlessly, "wh-why are we running? Who was that?"

Bondita looked down at the ground anxiously.

"That was Justin..." whispered Bondita so quietly that Bharathi almost did not hear it.

"What? That's him?!? What is he doing here? Oh wait, I think he might be a senior..."

Hearing this, Bondita closed her eyes and hid her face behind her hands at distraught. What was she going to do? How was she meant to pass through this hurdle?

Bharathi who was worried for Bondita, dropped her off safely at her hostel and went back to his. As Bondita was making her way to her room, she remembered all the events that took place 2 years ago...

When Bondita was around 15/16 years old, she had the opportunity to attend a law workshop during the summer holidays. Although she learnt a lot of things there, she was excluded by the others because of her skin colour. One day she was eating her lunch by herself when she noticed that someone sat next to her. She turned around to see a young white man, with smooth brunette hair and crystal blue eyes, smiling at her.

"Hi, I'm Justin. What's your name?"
"Hello, I am Bondita. Are you a student?"
"Yes, I am currently pursuing a degree to become a Barrister."
"Really?!? That is my dream too!"
"Ahh that's nice. I noticed how everyone avoided you and I felt bad so that's why I came here to converse with you. I don't know what's wrong with these people and why they hate foreigners but I personally love Indians- they are so cultured and beautiful."
"Oh, that's very kind of you,"

Bondita was content at the fact that for once she met a white person who wasn't racist towards her but actually appreciated her heritage. Soon they befriended each other and spent a lot of time together in the workshop. This was noticed by many others in the workshop too.

One day, whilst Bondita was making her way back to her accommodation, she was stopped by a group of white girls.

"You are Bondita, aren't you?"
"Uhh yeah?"
"Alright. So what is you relationship with Justin?"
"He is just a good friend of mine,"
"Don't lie. We have seen the way you look at him when you guys are talking to each other. We can see the love you have for him,"

Bondita was shocked at what they were saying.

"Huhh, no I don't see him like that and I don't think he likes me in that way anyways."
"Don't deny it, girl. Oh my god, Lizzie, look! She is blushing at the thought of Justin!"
"Yes she is! And look her pupils are dilating too!" Lizzie said.

Bondita was very confused as to what was happening right now. They started to caress her face and hair and then began to say things that changed Bondita's mind. They made her believe that she liked Justin. Bondita out of confusion accepted what they were saying.

"Ok then Bondita. Write Justin a letter of your feelings and give it to him and trust me, you would get a positive response." the girls remarked before leaving.

Bondita could hear them giggling as they left and stood there for a couple of minutes. Maybe she did love Justin and wasn't aware of it. But she didn't seem to have any love symptoms. Oh well, she thought she had love symptoms when she had a crush on Anirudh and we all know where that lead to.