Stepping In Together

"Areyy! Who is this?" Thakumaa questioned in astonishment, "Bondita, she looks like your sister!"

"Huhh?" Bondita responded as the two girls looked at each other confusedly.

"Haa Bondita, this girl looks very similar to you! You both seem to have similar features!" Sumati gasped too.

"Really? I don't see any resemblances between us." Bondita replied whilst Vashma stood there, looking down awkwardly.

Kaka was listening to this conversation and scoffed irritably, "Huh! She only looks like her; other than that, she is nothing like Bondita. Don't try and use this opportunity to attain her position in the house, because you can't and I won't let you to! Go back and practice your religion elsewhere, not in my household!"

Everyone heard this and were taken aback by his harsh words. Vashma felt her heart sink and was breathing tremblingly. She knew that Kaka wouldn't accept her but she didn't expect him to belittle and embarrass her in front of everyone else.

Bondita looked over at Vashma guiltily and held onto her arms to console her whilst Batuk pitifully watched her, not knowing how to support her in this moment.

However Anirudh got triggered by Trilochan's statements and frowned.

"Kaka, don't say such things! We can understand your frustration but that doesn't give you the right to just disrespect Vashma in front of everyone like this!" Anirudh called out.

"Did I say anything wrong though? I don't know with what plans she has entered into our family but-" Kaka attempted to respond however at that point, Batuk lost his patience and marched up to the disheartened Vashma, grabbed her hand firmly before leading her out of the tent in fury.

Everyone in the tent were left dumbstruck by Batuk's sudden reaction- especially his own family members as they've never seen him behave like this out of anger in their lives.

Anirudh turned around and scowled at his uncle.

"Kaka, that's enough! Look at what you've done!" Anirudh shrieked before taking a deep breath in composure, "Anyways, I'm going to take Bondita to the court now. Somnath, once everyone is ready to get discharged, drop them all off at their homes."

Somnath agreed to his words and soon the barrister couple left the camp, feeling a little uneasy at what just happened with the other two.

As they were approaching the car, they noticed Batuk and Vashma standing beside it, conversing seriously amongst themselves.

"I feel bad for Vashma..." Bondita mumbled as Anirudh sighed defeatedly.

"I don't know what to do about Kaka. He's speaking so insensitively towards her; how is she going to bear all of this?" he stressed.

Bondita was still watching them from afar and exhaled, "I just hope she doesn't take any of this to her heart. Batuk needs to be by her side and support her at this time."

She then laid her head on Anirudh's shoulders and delicately hugged his biceps. Anirudh gave a content smile at her soft gesture and tilted his head on top of hers.

He glanced at his watch and informed, "We need to leave soon."

"Let's wait until they finish speaking to one another, sakha babu." Bondita quietly replied and so the duo watched the other couple patiently for the time being.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vashma was stunned when Batuk took her out abruptly like this and followed him with a blank mind.

"Batuk..."

He then turned around and faced her with a frowned expression. She blinked at him in bafflement before looking at her wrist. Batuk also glanced down and noticed that he was still holding onto her arm.