Unexpected Revelations

Noor looked down and froze when she saw a little boy, probably around 5, hugging her waist with his small hands.

"Maa!" he sobbed onto her.

Noor's heart melted from hearing his feeble cry and picked him up on her shoulders.

"Beta, why are you crying! Don't worry, I'm here now!" she softly reassured as she wiped his tear trails with her fingers.

At the same time, another woman, who wore a similar burqa to Noor, was running around the market with her husband, looking for their child frantically.

"Rayan! Rayan! Where are you?!" they called out anxiously.

That was when they saw their son in another woman's hands and got furious- they assumed she was trying to kidnap their child.

"Let go off my son!" they screamed, snatching the boy from her forcefully.

Noor was taken aback by their harsh behaviour and teared up as she parted the boy in such a forced manner.

"But I didn't-" Noor attempted but the couple glared at her and took their son away from her. She watched them console and hug him and felt a pang in her own heart.

She ran to a quiet corner and started to weep feverishly. She truly was a cursed person- she didn't even have the chance to adore her own loved one like these parents. Noor cried more thinking about the person's whereabouts and prayed that she'd get to meet them soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bondita made her way back home, feeling quite distraught at the situation she was in. Nevertheless, when she thought back of their intimate kiss she couldn't help herself from blushing- God that was a breathtaking experience!

She paid the rickshaw driver and walked back into her haveli slowly as she attempted to think of an excuse for coming back home early.

She entered the hall way where Chandrachur and Thakumaa were sitting on the couch, they seemed to be distressed by something.

Bondita was too devastated to acknowledge her family members and was walking straight to her room.

"Bondita...." Thakumaa called.

Bondita halted and turned around casually.

"Haa, Thakumaa."

"Why are you back home early, my dear?"

Bondita found the way she emphasised "my dear" a little weird but continued to answer her.

"Oh, well I didn't have much work today- I'm not getting as many cases as I used to so I decided to come back home..." she lied effortlessly.

She then turned around to go back to her room when she abruptly heard,

"How is Anirudh?....Is he ok?"

Bondita froze, her heart pulsating hastily in fear and stealthily turned to face her Thakumaa who was gritting her teeth in fury. Chandrachur was also frowning as he crossed his arm in front of him.

"What happened? The chatty girl seems to be mute today!" Thakumaa sarcastically sneered.

Bondita was gulping constantly, not knowing how to react to this confrontation. Should she still act like she's innocent or should she reveal the truth to her family?

As Bondita was too busy contemplating about this, Sumati Maa came out of nowhere and slapped Bondita on the same place that Somnath did yesterday.

"WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING, BONDITA?!?!" Sumati screamed deafeningly as she slapped Bondita's other cheek now, "I am ASHAMED to call you my daughter!!!"