Caught In Action

After hearing Anirudh's declaration, the whole court was filled with buzzing noises from the Brits who were extremely triggered by his words.

The judge got irritated from seeing all this and slammed his hammer on the table deafeningly.

"Order! Order! If anyone speaks further on, I will send them out of this court room!" he strictly warned before facing the couple, "You have 2 days to submit your evidences to this court and we will resume this case in the next hearing."

Anirudh and Bondita nodded respectfully as they admiringly watched the judge leave the room. They then faced each other and gave a weary nod, knowing that they had to work hard for the next two days.

Some of the white barristers came in front of the couple and gave them a patronising look.

"There's no point in fighting against us. Drop the case now and run away." one of the men sneered as the others cackled.

Anirudh was about to give them a harsh reply but Bondita held him back and shook her head wearily at him.

"Sakha babu, we don't have the time to talk back to them!" she whispered worriedly, "We need to start working."

Anirudh huffed reluctantly- she had a point and so he decided to leave with her, still glaring at the opposing party as he made his way out.

Anirudh's team then stood outside of the court and were discussing about what their next steps should be.

"Arvind, I think you should take Suresh and Koushik with you to Tulsipur and start going around in search of evidences to back up our case. Try to gain witnesses, photographs of damages, anything that is useful." Anirudh informed.

"Sure, sir!" Arvind enthusiastically replied, "But what about you two?"

"We are going to go around Krishnanagar and do the same things as you so don't worry about us." Bondita reassured as she gave a hopeful glance at her sakha babu.

The team then split apart and left to carry out their respective duties. They spent the rest of the day researching more about the attacks and thankfully were able to gather enough evidences and witnesses.

It was quite late by the time Anirudh and Bondita finished all of this and right now, they were on their way to Bondita's old haveli.

Somnath had informed Anirudh that because the Das haveli was severely damaged, Thakumaa has decided to temporarily move into their old house for the time being.

"Sakha babu, we need to go back and visit Mr Vasudev and.... oh yes Mr Sooraj tomorrow. They are our pivotal witnesses of these attacks and know all the occurrences in detail. We have to get their help." Bondita stressed on the passenger seat as she flipped through the files.

"Yeah sure. Suresh told me that they have gotten several photographs that could be used as proper evidences however we need to be able to print them within two days time." Anirudh replied as he stroked his hair with his free hand whilst driving through the dimly lit roads.

Bondita exhaled deeply from all the stress and laid her head back, closing her eyes for a split second.

"We need to do a lot of things within a short period of time." she whispered worriedly.

Anirudh soon arrived near the haveli and parked it a couple of metres away so that no one could see them. He turned around and peered at his exhausted sakhi.

"Bondita..." he gently spoke as he caressed her hair, "Don't worry, we will get all of this sorted out soon, ok? Tomorrow, come to our court early in the morning because we need to prepare and practice our statements for the hearing. Everything will be fine so please don't stress out."