Couple Troubles

"Wait! Are you a Muslim?!?!" Bondita exclaimed unexpectedly.

Vashma froze and was trembling even more from being exposed like this. Of course everyone else in the Roy Chowdary family were aware of this but Bondita didn't acknowledge this beforehand.

Batuk gulped and looked over at a very anxious Vashma who gave a weak nod to his boudi.

Bondita's face gradually turned into a broad smile as she got the confirmation and started to squeal excitedly.

"Really?! Omg! That's so cool!"

She then casually continued to eat her food as if nothing had happened. But Vashma, on the other hand, was still staring at Bondita in bewilderment as her heart paced traumatically in fear.

She was expecting to be confronted or receive some sort of insult from her, but here the total opposite occurred. Vashma took some deep breaths to calm herself down from feeling very stressed, before continuing to eat her dinner too.

Batuk and Anirudh glanced at each other confusedly and tried to register the random interaction that occurred between their respective partners.

Meanwhile, Somnath looked up from his plate and analysed the two couples in front of him and paused. He realised how much each couple resembled with each other and was dumbstruck. What a true coincidence?!

The family then finished their meal and sat on the table, conversing away. That was when Sampoorna took notice of Bondita's attire and got concerned.

"Bondita, come with me. You've been wearing this bridal saree for the whole day. Let me get you a new pair of clothes." Sampoorna suggested.

Bondita looked down and realised that she had totally forgotten about what she had been wearing this entire time. However, a terrifying thought came across Bondita's mind which sent chills down her spine.

"What am I going to do?!" Bondita gasped as she panicked uncontrollably.

The entire table turned around to face the very disturbed Bondita and concerned over her sudden change in mood.

"What's wrong, Bondita?" Anirudh queried.

"I-I'm worried for Tapur!" Bondita stressed, "Last time I ran away, poor Tupur was forcibly married to Chandrachur. What if they did the same thing with Tapur this time?!"

"Bondita, don't worry. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have happened!" Anirudh reassured.

"Haa boudi, they can't really do that. Plus that groom probably left the haveli after us so there is no chance of this happening." Batuk also tried to explain.

Whilst everyone else were busy trying to console Bondita, Somnath sat there lifelessly with a very pale face. The recurring image of the unconscious Tapur was fixed in his mind and his heart pained when he realised that he should've helped her out somehow instead of leaving her in that state.

Bondita was still worrying immensely despite all of their assurances and Anirudh wanted to clear her doubt immediately.

"Fine, I'll do something about this, ok? Somnath, can you go and investigate to see what had happened after you guys left the Das haveli?" Anirudh requested to a very stiff Somnath, "Somnath, are you listening to me?"