High On Love

Anirudh and Bondita were gracefully dancing away, their steps were in perfect synchronisation to the melodious beat of the classical music.

Bondita's left arm was around Anirudh's neck whilst her right hand was interlocked with his own ones. They were dazedly peering into each other's soulful eyes, that were expressing the pure compassion they had for one another, whilst swiftly moving about in the enchanted hall.

All the other couples were out of focus for them as they were so lost in each other's warm embrace. Both of their hearts filled with so much contentment at the mere thought of how they were dancing as an official, married couple.

After all the hardship they went through for all these years, the Barrister couple were finally in a solaced state now.

Anirudh and Bondita were dancing peacefully for a while until they decided to take some rest and went forward to have dinner at the same place.

It was the first time for both of them to have French cuisine and so the duo were cluelessly staring at the menu written in the foreign language.

"Pati babu, I don't understand what any of this says..." Bondita mumbled in puzzlement before glancing up to face her husband who was still trying to decipher the words, "Do you know how to read French?"

"Well... I know a couple of words and phrases, but that's all..." Anirudh wearily replied as he flicked through the pages with squinted eyes.

Because Bondita had clumsily broken his glasses in the cruise ship, he was now slightly struggling to read what the content of the menu said.

"Oh, since you understand more than I ever could, can you just order on my behalf as well, please?" she requested merely to which he nodded to agree.

"Sure, but first I need to find a decent meal that satisfies both of our dietary requirements. There should be some vegetation food..." Anirudh murmured as he scrolled his finger down the page curiously before pausing as he found a suitable one, "Aha! There is a vegetarian meal!"

Bondita was relieved from hearing him say this and eagerly watch on as Anirudh respectively brought over a waiter and ordered their food by communicating in a mix of broken French and English with him.

Anirudh had his blazer removed and hung it at the back of the chair. He also removed the bow tie, rolled up his sleeves and unbuttoned a couple of his top buttons to cool his body down after all the constant movement in the humid room.

But little did he know that Bondita was absolutely mesmerised with his appearance right now. Starting off with the way he presented himself formally, the way in which his watch rattled around his slender wrists as he casually moved his veiny hands around to converse with the waiter, the way he slightly tilted his head which made his chiseled jaw line stick out prominently... Everything was so captivating about this man!

Bondita could feel the urging build up of desires inside her fluttering body as she continued to watch him intently with a blank mind.

Anirudh managed to finish ordering efficiently and turned his face around only to be left stunned by the beady gaze his wife had on him. It wasn't just any ordinary type of look; he knew there were many hidden emotions underlying behind those glistening eyes.

But Anirudh, being himself, decided to act like he was unaware of her peculiar behaviour and tried to act casual in front of her just to see to what extent his Bondita would go up to today.

Soon the dinner was served and the couple thoroughly enjoyed this new style of cuisine that they had never experienced before. It was very different to Indian food but, at the same time, was also quite unique in many aspects.