Discovering Valleys of Pain

"Hello Barrister Babu..." Chandrachur slyly said as he entered the room, "You must be wondering how I entered your court so easily."

Anirudh glared at him as he tried to understand why his enemy decided to turn up suddenly in front of him. He was about to get up from his chair but Bondita held onto his leg, indicating him to not leave his position.

Chandrachur continued speaking, "Don't worry, I'm not here to attack you- I am weaponless right now." he said as he lifted his hands in the air to prove his point.

"Alright then Chandrachur, I'm happy that you set your foot here for non-violent reasons for once. But what brings you here? Do you want me to fight a case for you?" Anirudh spoke with a sarcastic tone.

"Huh as if..." Chandrachur scoffed, "I came here to know where Bondita is."

Bondita froze in her squatting position and looked up at her sakha babu worriedly between his legs. If she wasn't panicking right now, she would've found the position she was in very awkward.

Anirudh halted as he heard this and frowned at him.

"Why would you think I would know where she is? I haven't kept contact with her for years!" he lied blatantly.

"Where would she have gone then?"

"Why are you asking me that? You should've watched her more closely!"

Chandrachur squinted his eyes in doubt, "Why Barrister Babu, don't have any sort of concern for your sakhi or should I say zimmedari?"

Anirudh stared at him fiercely but knew he had to lie at this moment.

"No. To be frank, I don't care about her anymore." he replied emotionlessly.

Bondita's heart sank as she heard his words. Even though she knew he was lying for the sake of saving her, she couldn't bear to hear such statements coming from her sakha babu.

"Anyways, what made you think that she'd come all the way to Tulsipur court when she could clearly go to your Chandannagar one?"

Chandrachur grunted in disappointment and replied, "I dropped her off this morning and came back to check on her at lunch but she wasn't there."

"Ok, but that's none of my problem."

Chandrachur looked at Anirudh suspiciously. Does he really not care about Bondita anymore? If that's true then it's good news for him- now no one could act as a barrier between him and Bondita.

"Well how do I trust your words Anirudh?"

Anirudh was now losing his patience and in the heat of the moment he aggressively tucked his chair in further inside his desk, totally forgetting about Bondita. As a result, Bondita ended up head butting Anirudh's firm knees with full force. She covered her mouth to conceal her gasp and shut her eyes in pain.

Anirudh took notice of what he had done and stealthily brought his hand under the desk, rubbing her injured head gently as he carried on talking to Chandrachur.

"Well I don't care if you believe me or not. I have nothing to lose in this case anyways."

Chandrachur's mouth dropped as he heard Anirudh's harsh words. He really has changed a lot after the dushmani. Meanwhile, Bondita held onto Anirudh's hand and took it over to the right place where she was wounded. Anirudh tried to hold in his smile as she did this adorably.

"Now I would appreciate it if you just leave instead of wasting my time querying about someone of no interest to me."

Ironically, he was still caressing Bondita's face whilst  she held onto his thighs for balance, looking at him with eyes full of love. Chandrachur huffed loudly before storming out of his room.