Stay within your Boundaries

"She-she is beautiful" Anirudh said without realising.

"She is what?!?" Sampoorna exclaimed.

"Huhh," Anirudh said as he jumped back into reality, "I meant that she's grown into a beautiful woman. The first time I saw her I couldn't even recognise her and of course she's taller now."

"I mean its not that difficult to be taller than you, Sampoorna Maa." Anirudh joked as Sampoorna narrowed her eyes.

"Hey! Don't bully me!" she said playfully before she looked at the children sorrowfully, "I wish I could invite Bondita to Shashwati's birthday party..."

"Same maa. I want Bondita to take part as well but you know about Kaka; he would never allow it." Anirudh replied as he let out a big sigh.

"I wish, I really wish Bondita could at least visit our family once, Durga Maa!" he prayed to himself as he went back to his room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Krishnanagar, Thakumaa was preparing a feast to welcome her Jamai babu. Whilst this was going on, everyone was scattered around the house: Sumati ma and Thakumaa were helping in the kitchen, Tupur was busy handling her child, Tapur was in her room. Bondita was walking around the house randomly to distract her hunger and she noticed that Chandrachur was trying to follow her. She purposely lost him and made her way to the balcony where she was fiddling with the plants. Tapur came out of her room and saw her sister sitting on the balcony and wanted to join her.

As she was making her way there, she noticed that Chandrachur was walking behind her. Tapur sprinted quickly to Bondita and barged into her. Bondita got jerked by this.

"Tapur?" Bondita asked, "Are you ok?"

"Yeah-yeah! I'm fine, didi." Tapur lied.

Bondita knew she clearly wasn't fine and that was when Chandrachur approached.

"Oh, would you look at this! The 2 gorgeous, Das sisters are sitting on the balcony enjoying the night view!" he said in the most creepiest tone.

Bondita didn't know how to respond to this comment so she just gave a weird smile whilst Tapur shuffled closer to Bondita as Chandrachur was nearing.

"Tapur, if you push me more, I'm gonna fall down the balcony!" Bondita joked.

"I'm sorry, didi," Tapur said quietly, looking down.

"It's fine Bondita, I will catch you in my arms if you ever fall. I would always save you!" Chandrachur smirked.

"Ewwww!" Bondita thought as she cringed at his comment. Bless Tupur, she has to live with a man that speaks like a drunkard all the time. That was when Bondita thought of a good comeback.

"Oh really? That's so sweet of you, Chandrachur dada!"

She made sure she emphasised 'dada' to rub it in his face. Tapur started to giggle as she heard this whilst Chandrachur glared at them.

"I am not your dada! Don't call me that!" he stated before he stomped out.

"Pheww! Thank god he left!" Bondita said in relief and then turned to face Tapur, "But why does he behave like this?"

Tapur just shrugged her shoulders and went back to her room. Bondita watched her go and just sat there in silence. She wanted to spend some quality time with her sister but clearly this waste man had to barge in and ruin it.

Bondita got off and started to walk down the corridor when she stopped as she saw the telephone. She gasped when she remembered her promise to Bharathi about calling him as soon as she gets here. But look, it's been 2 days already. Bondita hastily entered the numbers in and called Bharathi's hostel. He soon picked up.