Decisions and Avoidance

Bondita spent the whole night crying hysterically in her bed- the guilt was eating her up and Bondita was only feeling pain now. Because of this, she didn't even sleep for a minute.

In the Roy Chowdary haveli, Anirudh also had a very restless sleep as he kept on thinking about the possibilities of the factors that bothered his Bondita.

The sun rose soon and that was when Bondita was finally gradually falling asleep. But to her dismay, her alarm started to ring loudly like a siren. However she had no strength in her to turn it off. The deafening noise woke the entire Das family up.

"Why is Bondita not turning her alarm off?" an annoyed Thakumaa asked as she made her way to her room along with Sumati.

The duo barged into Bondita's room, where the doors were loosely locked, and nearly screamed in shock when they saw the state of their daughter.

They saw a very sweaty figure who was sickly pale and was shivering madly under the covers. Her eyes were swollen and moist and her nose was so red. The sight of her was very concerning.

"Oh no! I think Bondita has gotten a fever!" Thakumaa stressed as they went closer to her.

"Bondita! Bondita! Wake up, beta!" Sumati cried as she tapped her face to wake her up.

But no matter how hard they tried, Bondita kept on falling unconscious in their arms. Seeing this, the two women started to panic frantically.

"Thakumaa! Please help my daughter!" Sumati yelped- she didn't want to lose her only daughter.

"Haa yes. TAPUR! BRING ME MY MEDICINE BOX!" Thakumaa screamed across the haveli.

Soon Tapur brought all the right things and Thakumaa started her treatment swiftly. Everyone in the house watched Bondita, wondering how she got very ill overnight.

"Oh God! She is boiling! How did she get a fever so quickly?!?" Thakumaa questioned as she placed a cold, wet cloth, drenched in some medicine, on Bondita's forehead.

"What happened to her head? How comes she has a wound?" a nosy Chandrachur asked.

"Oh apparently she fell down." Sumati answered amongst her tears.

Bondita was in a very hazy state now- it felt like she was drunk and her body felt so weak, as if she got beaten up badly. She could hear everyone speaking around her but had no energy to even open her eyes. She could feel Thakumaa treating her but she was only able to cure her external pain, not the internal ones.

At Tulsipur court, everyone had arrived at Anirudh's room except Bondita. Anirudh started the session at 10 am, thinking that Bondita was running late, as usual, today. They waited 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, even an hour, but she still didn't turn up to the court.

Although no one had the guts to speak up, they all individually missed Vaijayanthi's presence today. If she was here, she would've cracked some jokes or said some silly statements, but right now the aura in the room was so lifeless and dull.

But no one was suffering as much as Anirudh did. At this point, he was very concerned about his sakhi's well being. His Bondita was in pain and he could see it but he was in a position where he couldn't help her. The thought of this killed Anirudh internally.

The day dragged on and finally the session was over.

"Ok so that's it for today. I'll see you all at 10 again tomorrow. You may all leave now." he stated as they started to pack away.

"Bye Barrister Babu." Suresh and Koushik said before leaving the room.

It was just Anirudh and Arvind left in the room. They were both busy with their individual works. Arvind was looking through some case files, when he casually asked,