Exposed Truths

"Hello, I'm Saurabh!"

Batuk and Vashma blinked in confusion as they gawped at the sudden entrance of this small, peculiar boy. His name was ringing bells in their minds, as it sounded very familiar to them, but Vashma soon figured out who it was.

She then lightly giggled with her teary eyes and leant closer to a very lost Batuk.

"Don't you remember him?" she teasingly mumbled in his ears to which he responded by shaking his head cluelessly, "...Well from what Shashwati said the other day, he might be your future brother-in-law!"

Batuk's eyes widened in horror at the mere thought of what she said and also from remembering Shashwati's exact words- "He's my boyfriend!"

Instantly, his face scowled in annoyance and from seeing his reaction, Vashma started to crack up lightheartedly behind her hands.

The little boy was watching the couple's secret interactions curiously and shook his head in disappointment.

"Hello, are you both deaf? I introduced myself and you still haven't replied back! This is bad manners!" Saurabh tutted.

Vashma raised her eyebrows in astonishment from his straightforward speech whilst Batuk irritatedly chewed on his bottom lip and crossed his arms.

"Ex-cuse-me! You barged into our room, then insulted us and now you're talking about our bad manners! Wow!" Batuk scoffed in annoyance, "Anyways, what are you doing in our haveli? Who even let you in?"

Saurabh frowned back at the young man and squinted his eyes to showcase his strong dislike towards him.

"Shashwati invited me over and we're playing hide-and-seek now. That's why I came around looking for her." he replied back sternly.

Batuk rolled his eyes after hearing his response and vexedly enquired, "Why are you always going behind my sister? Don't you have anything better to do?"

"Batuk, why are you being mean to him? He's a child; don't scold him unnecessarily." Vashma interfered before kneeling in front of the cute boy.

His innocent smile was pulling the strings of her heart and she couldn't figure out why she felt solaced when she peered into his glinting eyes.

"Sorry about that, this man is a little... lunatic..." Vashma apologised sweetly before cheekily whispering the last part.

"I know! Shashwati told me that her youngest Dada is the dumbest in the family." Saurabh replied back with a mischievous smile, causing Vashma to chuckle now.

Batuk heard what these duo were saying and was utterly appalled with their statements.

"WHAT?!?" he shrieked with his jaw dropped in disbelief- he never knew his younger sister was trolling him like this behind his back.

As Vashma continued to laugh more at this entire scenario, her remaining tears from earlier on, fell from her eyes and rolled down her cheeks. Saurabh took notice of this and started to get concerned.

"Why are you crying?" he softly asked before glaring at the bewildered Batuk, "Did this crazy man hurt you?"

"CRAZY?!? How dare you call me-" Batuk started to exclaim loudly but stopped immediately after Vashma turned around and gently tilted her head as she begged expressively with her eyes for him to not make a scene.

She then turned to face the kid again and calmly smiled at him.

"Don't worry, no one hurt me! There was just some dust in my eyes, that's it." she reassured as she gently pinched his cheeks out of cuteness.