The Hidden Ventures of the RC Brothers

Back in the Roy Chowdary haveli, after encountering the peculiar boy, Vashma went back to the kitchen to continue helping Sampoorna with the cooking.

A couple of hours flew by and it was now late in the afternoon. Kaka Sasurji had gone out to sort some land problem whilst Somnath was also working at the hospital for the whole day.

The children were still all playing around the house as the two women took some time out to rest peacefully.

At that moment, the telephone started to ring, alarming the two young ladies in the process.

From hearing this, Sampoorna weakly attempted to get up from her seat, with her overbearing baby bump, however Vashma immediately stopped her.

"No Sampoorna Maa, you stay seated. I'll pick up the phone instead." she calmly suggested before leaving the room and hurriedly walking down the corridor.

Vashma soon picked up the ringing telephone and placed it next to her ears curiously.

"Hello?..." she called out in query but was dumbfounded when she heard silence followed by the sound of the call being disconnected.

Vashma stared at the phone in confusion and shrugged cluelessly before placing it back down on the holder. Without taking much account for this, she then strolled her way back to Sampoorna's room.

But as she reached the end of the corridor, the phone rang once again and she turned around with a stressed frown.

"Who keeps ringing us?" she mentally confided as she tried to walk back to the same spot.

However before she even got the chance to take the next step towards the telephone, Batuk, who had just come back home from work, picked it up instead.

Vashma was curiously watching her husband from a distance as he placed the phone on his ears blankly.

"Hello, BRC is speaking..." he informed with a swag before pausing to hear a response.

However, within a matter of seconds, his face dropped to a grim expression as he heard something so unexpected and as a result, he hastily slammed the phone down with such force.

Vashma was stunned to see this abrupt change in his behaviour and continued to secretly watch him in awe.

Batuk was now holding the back of his neck, as he bit down on his lower lip, and rolled his head around with his eyes closed in distress.

"Bloody hell..." he muttered under his breath as his teeth gritted in fury.

Vashma was now very eager to figure out why Batuk was suddenly disturbed but as she was about to walk up to him, she was unexpectedly held back by some small hands.

Bewilderedly, she turned around and was surprised to find the whole group of children grinning at her innocently.

"Vashma boudi, can you please play with us?" Shashwati squealed as the other children cheered on in excitement.

"Uhhh...." Vashma hesitantly mumbled as she gazed back in the direction where her husband stood, but was concerned when she couldn't find him there anymore.

"Where did he go?..." she internally questioned before looking down at the hyper children again, "I... I don't-"

"Please, Vashma didi... it would be more fun if you join us too!" Saurabh sweetly stated, melting the young woman's heart with his adorable words and she serenely smiled at him.