Lightning Love

"Sakha babu, if you want to start a family, why don't you try now? Get married..."

"To who, Bondita?..." Anirudh asked as he glanced deeply into her eyes.

Bondita shrugged in response and softly said, "I don't know, sakha babu. I think you're asking the wrong person."

"Am I though? You know me very well."

"Haa sakha babu, I do know you very well...ish. But I don't know how your mind works. It's you who should decide who to spend the rest of your life with- no one else has the right to do that." Bondita explained.

Anirudh frowned as he thought about all of this depressingly. Bondita noticed that he was stressing and took a deep breath.

"Fineeee! I'll try and help you! Hmmm..." she said dramatically as she thought of something and then paused, "Ok don't get offended by my question but... what aspect of Saudamini made you love her?"

Anirudh tilted his head backwards exhaustedly as he heard the name he didn't want to hear again.

"Bondita, why are you aski-"

"Just answer me, sakha babu. It can help you later on!"

Anirudh stared at her face blankly and closed his eyes, slowly shaking his head.

"I'm actually not sure. The real question is did I ever even love her properly or did I assume our childhood friendship to be something else?"

Bondita furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as her sakha babu confessed about his past.

"Thinking about it now, I don't believe that I ever had true emotions for her. When she turned up married to Greenwood, I didn't even feel a single aspect of guilt or sadness- it was as if I didn't care that she wasn't mine anymore."

He hung his head down, holding it in his palms in distraught.

"To be honest Bondita, I don't think I know what true love is..." he whispered gloomily.

Bondita stroked his smooth, fluffy hair that was hanging when he lowered his head and smiled lightly.

"Neither do I, sakha babu... but I do believe in something."

"What?..." Anirudh asked, his voice muffled inside his hands.

"Well I believe that there will be a time in our life where we meet someone so special that our mind and heart starts ringing- alarming our conscience to never let go of this person. Living a life without them would incomplete our existence. And that is when you realise that they're your true soulmate." Bondita explained elegantly.

Anirudh looked at her and softly chuckled, "From which novel did you get this ideology from?"

"Heyy!! I thought of this myself!" Bondita exclaimed playfully.

They both then started to giggle light-heartedly but Bondita stopped as soon as a thought came across her mind.

"Sakha babu... what would've happened if we never annulled our marriage?" she quietly asked.

There was silence. Anirudh's face immediately dropped as she asked this heart-wrenching question. Tears filled the eyes of both the barristers as they reminisced all their previous memories.

"I-I don't know, Bondita..." he whispered as he felt the lump in his throat.

Bondita just smiled weakly at him, tears flowing down her face. The time when they separated from each other was so unbearable but she still cannot believe how she kept her sanity well even in those tough situations.