Love at Borderline

Anirudh lightly brushed over Bondita's arm with the tip of his fingers when a sharp beam of light interrupted the couple, blinding them. They turned around to face the source of the light and after squinting their eyes for a moment, they noticed two vehicles in front of them.

Batuk got out of his jeep whilst Somnath also jumped out from the car he was driving. They both were jogging their way to their brother. Anirudh saw them and was disappointed.

"Ughh, these two clearly don't know anything about timing!" he huffed mentally in dismay.

"Dada is everything ok? We were worried about you guys when you informed us about your car." Somnath asked concerningly.

"Yeah don't worry, we're fine. Uhh why don't you guys take the children back home in the car and I'll take the jeep and drop off Bo-jayanthi." Anirudh stumbled.

"It's Vaijayanthi!" Bondita corrected cheekily.

"T-that's what I meant..."

Somnath and Batuk looked at each other doubtfully, wondering why their elder brother was behaving weirdly. They then made their way back home with the children in the car.

Soon after they left, it stopped raining. Anirudh looked around and found Bondita sitting on the passenger seat of the jeep. He then also sat on his space and started to drive the vehicle.

Bondita was nervously fiddling with the end of her saree, mainly because she didn't know how to behave normally after coming across this revelation of her feelings. She noticed how Anirudh was driving quite slowly compared to before.

"Sakha babu, you can drive a bit faster you know..." she quietly informed as she watched the road in front of her.

"Huhh? Oh no- it's too dangerous, especially in the dark with these roads being very slippery." Anirudh managed although this wasn't the actual reason- he wanted to elongate the time he spends with his sakhi in this car journey.

Whilst he was driving, Anirudh had one of his hand loosely wrapped around the steering wheel whilst the other was resting on the door of the jeep. Bondita glanced over from the corner of her eyes and blushed as she realised how laid back he was, making him look more captivating in her eyes.

Bondita casually tried to cover her cheeky smile lightly with her fingers so that her emotions are not too obvious to him.

However Anirudh was going through an internal battle with his mind which kept on pressurising him to open about his feelings to her. But the problem was that he didn't know how to start the conversation off.

"Just say something, Anirudh! Ask anything!!!!" His mind voice internally screamed.

"Ummm Bondita..."

"Hmm?..." she replied as she peered through her fingers.

"Uhhh well... umm.... did you... feel anything.... when I kissed you?....." Anirudh asked edgily as he stared at the road.

Bondita's heart skipped a beat when she heard his question. Her eyes widened as she remembered how her body reacted like fireworks when he planted that soft kiss today. How can she even say that to him?

Bondita observed Anirudh's nervous behaviour as he constantly tapped the steering wheel whilst he waited for her answer. Bondita smirked and decided to play around with him.

"No... I didn't feel anything." she lied with a serious face, "It was just a dare. Why? Did you feel something?..." she teasingly asked back.

Anirudh's heart sank when he heard her vague response- did she not feel anything at that moment?

"Oh n-no! Of course I didn't!" he gulped, stressfully stroking his stubble beard.