The Search for Love

Anirudh left the court, not knowing where exactly to go, but with the determination to find his Bondita and console her somehow.

Arvind glared at all of them before leaving too with his senior. Somnath and Batuk looked at each other, starting to feel ashamed by their doings and they all then went home.

"Barrister Babu!" Arvind called up from behind as he finally caught up with him, "Let me help you."

"No, Arvind. It's fine. You've already done a lot for us. I'll find her myself." Anirudh assured quietly.

"Please Anirudh sir, I'll come with you!"

Anirudh gave him a weak smile and nodded. The two barristers then hopped on Anirudh's jeep and drove off.

Bondita feebly made her way back home on foot. Her body was drenched from all the sweat caused by walking in the mid-day heat. But she felt too numb to even acknowledge the discomfort.

Thakumaa had went out to aid some wealthy family and Chandrachur and Tupur had temporarily went out of town to attend his sister's wedding.

Sumati saw the dismantled Bondita and approached her worriedly.

"Bondita, are you ok my dear? Why have you come back home so early?"

Bondita who was lost in her thoughts all this time, came back to her senses.

"I don't feel very well..." she replied emotionlessly.

Sumati frowned as she felt her forehead and neck quickly- it was true, her body temperature has increased. But she didn't know that the reason behind this was because Bondita had been crying all this time. Her puffy eyes were quite noticeable but Sumati assumed that it was caused by her fever.

Tapur came out of the kitchen and saw Bondita looking quite weak. She ran towards her and held onto her arms.

"Bondita didi, what happened?" Tapur concerningly asked but Bondita just stared at the empty space lifelessly.

"Nothing beta, she is quite ill. Can you take her to her room?" Sumati replied.

"Sure!"

Tapur then held onto her sister by her shoulders and slowly took her to her room, making her sit on the bed.

Bondita had no facial expressions and just looked on dead straight. Tapur looked down at her sister and caressed her face, cupping her cheeks worriedly.

Bondita winced as she did this and that was when Tapur closely inspected her face.

"Didi, why is half of your face slightly swollen?" she asked curiously.

Bondita gulped anxiously- she didn't want her sister to know about all of this.

"Oh... I probably slept wrong last night... maybe I applied too much pressure on my cheeks..." Bondita murmured.

Tapur raised one of her eyebrows in confusion- this was such a random reasoning. But she was more concerned about her health.

"Let me make you a herbal drink to help your condition." Tapur said before leaving the room.

Bondita nodded and laid down on her bed, holding back her tears as she couldn't go through another breakdown again. However, all her prior cryings had made Bondita's body very weak, and as a result she fell asleep instantly.

Anirudh and Arvind spent hours looking for Bondita all around Tulsipur but couldn't find her anywhere. Anirudh dreaded that she might have done the worst to herself but they received no news of that sort.