Hidden Emotions

"So.... today you guys can stay in the same room. It will be your first night together as a couple!"

Batuk and Vashma nearly gagged on their food as soon as they heard this statement from Sampoorna. Their goggled eyes were staring at the woman in front of them, in shock as well as in agitation.

Anirudh and Somnath smirked at each other, controlling their laugh as they saw the stunned expression on the couple's faces.

"What happened?" Sampoorna teased, "Are you guys not excited?"

Vashma had sweat trickling down her forehead as she looked down to avoid everyone's gaze. Meanwhile, Batuk was blinking frantically, chewing on his lower lips as he stressed about how they're going to overcome this problem.

"What's up, Batuk? How comes you're not speaking now, huh?" Somnath mocked playfully.

Batuk and Vashma glanced at each other through the corner of their eyes and gulped awkwardly.

"If you want, we can make some arrangements-" Sampoorna started off but at that point Batuk interrupted her.

"Nope... we're good..." he blankly responded, shaking his hands to refuse her suggestion whilst Vashma flushed like a tomato.

Anirudh cracked up from seeing his brother's awkward reactions and smirkingly finished off eating his dinner.

Soon, everyone was done with their food and left to go to their respective rooms whilst the newly wedded couple stealthily walked towards Batuk's room.

Batuk and Vashma went inside and closed the door behind them. They stood there stiffly, looking around the room to avoid each other in this situation.

Batuk tutted within himself- he has been constantly reminding his Kaka to order a couch for his room but he never took it into account. Now he was stuck between sleeping on the bed or on the floor.

Vashma took a deep breath and decided to speak up for the team.

"Well... I guess I'll sleep on the floor. You can sleep on the bed..." she mumbled quietly, fiddling with her dupatta.

Batuk wearily glanced at her and replied, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah..."

"Ok then!" Batuk replied delightedly before grabbing the spare duvets and pillows on the bed and handing it to Vashma.

She took them and neatly laid them on the floor next to the bed and sat on the ground, removing her earrings and other jewellery to prepare herself to bed.

Batuk was also sorting out his own bed with a pouting smirk; he was so relieved that he didn't have to sacrifice his bed and now was able to sleep comfortably throughout the night.

As the couple were about to lay down, they heard a couple of knocks on the door. They worriedly looked at each other and got up immediately.

They both simultaneously walked towards the door and opened it cautiously, only to see Sampoorna in front of them.

"Sorry for disturbing you guys." she apologised, "Vashma, you requested me to give you some hot water earlier on but I only remembered now. Here, take this."