Midnight Promises

"Why did you and Batuk marry all of a sudden?"

Vashma glanced down hesitantly and reminisced Batuk's words that he said before he brought her to his house.

"Well... the situation wasn't in our favour..." Vashma mumbled quietly whilst Bondita watched her eagerly.

"Oh, so did you run away from your parents?"

"Err..." Vashma was so clueless right now- she didn't know how to answer these questions because she hadn't prepared anything beforehand.

But Bondita understandingly held onto her hands and reassured her.

"I can see that you're under a lot of stress and I totally understand that. I'm sorry if my questions have bothered you but I just wanted some sort of affirmation of what was going on around me."

Vashma smiled gently and held Bondita's hands tighter, "Thank you for understanding and please don't think that I'm bothered by you, I'm actually enjoying your accompany."

Bondita giggled from hearing this and squinted her eyes cheekily.

"You seem to be an introvert, you don't talk much do you?"

"Oh no, that's no true! I've been labelled as a chatterbox ever since I was young... it's just I've limited the amount I speak recently and also everything is quite new here for me, so I'm a little nervous." Vashma replied.

"Ahh don't worry, I'm pretty sure you'll get used to everyone here and you will soon learn more about how to be a Roy Chowdary Bahu!" Bondita assured excitedly.

Vashma found Bondita's behaviour so adorable and watched her antics for a couple of minutes. Bondita then started to lay out the bed and as they were about to sleep, they heard some knocks on the door.

The girls looked at each other alarmingly and walked towards the door, cautiously opening it. But to their confusion, it was Somnath.

"Boudi, I investigated about your family in Krishnanagar and like Batuk said, after we took you away, the groom and his family left your house angrily and no marriages took place there after." Somnath explained simply.

Bondita heard this and let out a big sigh of relief.

"Thank you, Durga Maa! You didn't let me and my sister down today! Also, thank you very much, Somnath Dada, for clearing my doubt even at this time!" Bondita thanked gratefully.

"No problem, Boudi. Sorry for disturbing your sleep."

"No no its fine, we weren't sleeping yet anyways." Bondita replied as she looked over at the calm Vashma.

Soon after, Somnath left to go to his room and the girls went back to their bed, preparing to fall asleep.

However, although Somnath was relieved that Tapur didn't get forcibly married to anyone, he still didn't feel right about her state and worried for her safety. He didn't want to disclose what he saw with anyone as he didn't want to ruin anyone's mood and stress them out in the time they're meant to be happy.

"I hope she is ok..." Somnath murmured as he laid on his bed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~