Pride from Within

Bondita met Anirudh the next day and told him everything that she had witnessed the night before.

She decided to visit Farina to apologise and comfort her about her grandson. Bondita finally found the small, diminished cottage where her client resides and walked towards it. As she neared it, she heard some men talking loudly inside the hut and so Bondita ran and hid behind it, peeking in through a small hole.

She saw, what it seemed like, a wealthy man and his troupe belittling Farina as she was on their feet crying hysterically.

"This is what your grandson deserves for killing our son! If you dare to go to the court again, I will set your cottage on fire!" the man threatened harshly.

"No please!!! My Ameen would've never done that! Please show us some mercy!!!" Farina begged weakly.

The men just ignored her cries and walked out with their chest high. A teenager came in and consoled the poor old woman. Bondita, who was watching all this from afar was very confused and so she entered the cottage as well.

"Ms Farina... I'm so sorry... I couldn't keep my promise to you and I ended up losing..." Bondita apologised guiltily but Farina was too feeble to respond.

The teenager, who was also crying, looked at Bondita and took her to aside.

"There's a whole plan against us! Everyone knows that Ameen is innocent but no one is willing to speak up for him." he emotionally spoke.

Bondita was quite lost and asked who he was.

"I'm Kalyan, Ameen's best friend."

"Why didn't you come to meet me beforehand to help with this case?" Bondita asked disappointedly.

"My parents told me to stay out of this problem so that I also don't get in trouble. But now I feel very guilty." Kalyan explained sadly.

Bondita listened to this and took her notebook out of her bag.

"Tell me everything that you know about this case in detail." she said as she opened her fountain pen.

"The boy who died was Ramesh- he was our classmate in school and hailed from a rich background. There were times when Ameen and Ramesh used to bicker in class but it was never too serious. I've seen worse fights in school and this was nowhere near any of them. But then one day, we all got the news that Ramesh had suddenly passed away. We were all so shocked and till this day, they never told us how he actually died. Then randomly, Ameen got accused for his death! I know that they're falsely blaming him as they are aware that people like us can't fight back!" Kalyan emotionally explained as he clenched his fists in anger.

"Ok... So have they already done Ramesh's last rites?" Bondita enquired.

"Yes, they cremated him 2 days ago."

"Hmm... Alright, don't tell anyone that I came here to do further investigation, ok?" Bondita requested as Kalyan agreed to her condition.

In present time, Anirudh was impressed that Bondita managed to gather further clues and evidences.

"But sakha babu, I need to visit their post mortem office and somehow get Ramesh's autopsy report by tonight." Bondita stressed as she got ready to leave.

"Alright then do you want me-" he attempted to ask.

"No, sakha babu, I'll manage by myself. I'll call you if I need your help in anything." she assured as she looked at her watch, "Ok, I'll leave now. Bye!"

"Bye! Be careful!" Anirudh called back as he watched her leave. He had this gut feeling, telling him to not leave her alone by herself.

Bondita managed to reach the place and entered inside the dingy, gloomy building. The smell of this place made Bondita feel revolted and so she covered her nose and mouth with a kerchief.