Half Truths

It was the morning of Anirudh's birthday and after taking the blessings from his parents and his Kaka, he had left early to attend a meeting at the court.

Batuk woke up late as usual and went to his brother's room to wish him but found him to no avail.

"Where did big D go? Has he already left to the court?" Batuk questioned himself. He scratched his head, yawning loudly as he looked around tiredly.

He then sighed and clumsily walked into Anirudh's desk where some of his books fell down. Batuk juddered as he heard the loud thud and instantly kneeled down to pick them up.

As he was clearing the mess he made, he noticed something peculiar fall out from Anirudh's diary. He curiously picked it up and his eyes widened in astonishment. It was Bondita's ID!

Batuk had let go of the books he was holding and held the ID very close to his face as he continued analysing the photograph and details written on it.

"Wait s-so all this time the person who came as Vaijayanthi was actually that B-Bond... BLOODY HELL!!!" Batuk screeched, slamming his fists on the desk as he got up.

His eyes reddened in fury, not knowing what to do after this revelation. He stormed out from Anirudh's room and barged into Somnath who was preparing to go to the hospital.

"S-D stop!!! Yo-You won't believe this bullshit!" Batuk hissed as he kept his voice low so that no one could hear them.

"What happened Batuk? I'm going to be late-"

"Look at this!!!"

Batuk shoved the ID in front of Somnath's face who took a couple of seconds to register what the fault was.

"Wait- wait!!! Are you telling me that all this time it was Bondita who came to our house and acted like Vaijayanthi?!" Somnath screeched in disbelief.

Batuk nodded aggressively in response and as a result Somnath gritted his teeth in fury. He couldn't believe that the Krishnanagar girl has been easily entering their premises and played with their trust.

Over these weeks, Batuk and Somnath became very good friends with her. They joked around- playfully bullied her accent but all of it was fake! This Bondita has a reputation for misusing others' feelings and beliefs.

"Do you think Big D already knows about this matter? I found this in his room." Batuk asked confusedly.

"No! Of course not! If he ever knew about this beforehand, he would have never let her anywhere near our family! Wait but the real question is why did she come here undercover? Is she planning to attack Dada and take revenge on him?! Batuk we need to go and stop her before she harms our brother!" Somnath panicked as he and Batuk both ran out of the house.

Kaka and Sampoorna saw them hurriedly leaving the haveli and was puzzled- what was going on?

They got on their jeep and hastily made their way to Tulsipur Court, praying for their elder brother's well being.

Soon they arrived at the court and got off the vehicle. They saw two junior barristers standing at the court gates and approached them- it was Suresh and Koushik.

"Do you know where Bon- I mean Vaijayanthi is?" Batuk asked in hurry.

The graduates looked at each other, lost at what was going on. They didn't know who these two men were and the tone they were asking at was quite questionable.

"Uhh I don't know, she should be in Barrister Babu's room, if not she would be running late. But is there any reason why you're looking for our colleague?" Koushik asked concerningly.