Broken Hearts

Bondita heard the window close as Anirudh left and defeatedly fell on her bed, bawling her eyes out hysterically. At the same time, Sumati walked into her room and gasped as she saw her state.

"Bondita!" Sumati exclaimed, running towards her daughter and holding onto her face worriedly.

Bondita instantly hugged her by holding onto her mother's waist and sobbed onto her white cotton saree.

Sumati's heart was pumping in fear as she couldn't understand why Bondita was crying like this all of a sudden.

Tapur heard all these noise and hurriedly ran towards the room. She was so caught up with Somnath that she couldn't look out for her sister properly. She entered the room and panicked as soon as she saw her crying sister.

"Bondita didi!"

Tapur moved closer to them and looked at Sumati with great concern. She also anxiously looked back at Tapur in confusion at the situation.

Tapur was so clueless right now and wondered if Anirudh did or said something that might have worried her.

"Bondita beta, only if you tell us what's wrong we can console you! Please speak up!" Sumati stressed nervously.

Bondita was struggling so hard right now to speak as her throat was swollen from all her crying. It physically hurt to talk at this moment but she still attempted.

"Maa!" she wailed uncontrollably, "I... I want Baba!"

Sumati shockingly glanced at Tapur and looked back down at her own daughter.

"Huhh?" Sumati asked in puzzlement.

"I want my Baba back!...... I feel so lonely without him..."

Sumati fought to hold back her tears as she reminisced her beloved husband- even she missed him a lot recently. If he was alive right now, so many things would have been different.

But Sumati was still questioning Bondita's emotions- she had never broken down like this about her father. Why did she bring him up suddenly?

Tapur's eyes filled with tears as Bondita's cries made her remember her own parents who she lost when she was very young. Her life has been so tough ever since but she never showcased that to anyone.

However, although Bondita did in fact miss her father, the reason behind all of her cries were actually meant for Anirudh. Instead of saying 'sakha babu', she said 'Baba' so that she could cry freely in her mother's warm embrace.

Of course she never wanted Anirudh to leave her for good, but the things he said today traumatised her more than all her previous experiences.

Her strong, clear-minded rakshak babu, her saviour, her God attempted to commit suicide because of her?!?!

He had the courage to do such a scarring act but didn't have the same bravery to accept what had happened to her!

Anirudh hid this all from her to ensure that she stays strong hearted but in the process of doing this he is slowly killing himself!

Bondita couldn't watch him lose himself like this when he has the responsibility to be there for his family, for Tulsipur and even for his country!

And the only way she was able to think of in that moment, to prevent him from entering this route, was by distancing herself from her loved one.

Bondita knew it was going to be more painful now, especially because they had just confessed their feelings to each other, but it had to be done.