Unnoticed Stains

Batuk was still gazing into her eyes with a blank state of mind when he felt the towel loosening again. However, this time he was more proactive and caught it immediately, tying it even tighter on his waist.

"For goodness sake, can you stay put in one place!" he hissed under his breath as he fiddled with it.

Vashma blinked a couple of times as she came back to her senses and frowned at him.

"Batuk, you really need to learn how to tie a towel properly." Vashma scoffed.

"Well if you didn't barge into my room I wouldn't have suffered like this."

"You're the one who called me here!"

"Come on! Why would I call you when I'm not even dressed?! Honestly, I didn't call you!" Batuk stressed, still gripping onto the towel firmly.

"Oh... then why did Anirudh babu lie?..." Vashma pondered for a second, "Anyways, I'm going to go down to eat."

"Oh wait, let me get changed first and then we can go down together, it would be less suspicious to them." Batuk suggested to which Vashma nodded in agreement.

He then ran to the bathroom with his clothes and came out ready within minutes. Vashma watched him scruff his hair in front of the mirror and cringed.

"Do you not comb your hair?!" she questioned unbelievably.

"Naah! That's too much effort. I like my hair like this." he replied as he applied some cologne on his temple points, "Ok I'm done, let's go."

The couple then went down in unison, praying that they don't get asked some odd questions when they're with the other family members.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sampoorna was helping the kids get ready for school and they already had their breakfasts before the adults. As she was busy with them, Batuk and Vashma came down at the same time as Somnath.

Anirudh was already sitting on his chair by himself on the table, still pouting at the fact that Bondita dodged his kiss easily.

Sampoorna saw the trio approaching and gestured them to sit on the table as she also made her way to her own chair. Everyone sat on the same seats as they did from last night and waited for Bihari to bring the food from the kitchen.

Sampoorna looked around the table and noticed the empty seat of where Bondia was meant to sit and got concerned.

"Where is Bondita?" she asked as everyone looked at Anirudh simultaneously for a reply.

That was when they noticed a faint, red lipstick mark on his cheeks. Everyone's eyes widened from seeing this sight, trying to register what might've happened before Anirudh came downstairs.

Sampoorna and Vashma looked down awkwardly, whilst the brothers bewilderedly looked at each other in shock.

Batuk then startled to cackle hysterically, causing the unaware Anirudh to jerk. He looked around confusedly and noticed everyone's weird expression. He then scowled at his younger brother who was still uncontrollably laughing like a child.

"What is so funny, Batuk?" Anirudh asked annoyedly.

Batuk tried to suppress his laughter by covering his mouth and maintaining a strict demeanour, but it only made him laugh more. Vashma's lips were twitching as she was fighting her inner demons to not laugh with her husband.

Somnath and Sampoorna were lightly smirking and looked elsewhere as they knew Anirudh was slowly losing his patience.

"Batuk, are you drunk or what? Why are you laughing like a maniac?!" Anirudh shrieked to which Batuk shook his head weakily as he still chuckled- he even had tears at this point.