Iconic Arrival

"Vaijayanthi?"

"Huhh? Who is that?" Bondita thought to herself as Anirudh addressed her by another name.

Bondita was shocked that her sakha babu couldn't identify her. Clearly those glasses weren't helping his eyesight here. As she was about to question him, they heard the guard screaming.

"Barrister Babu! Please come out! Thakumaa has arrived with her troupe and are fully equipped with weapons!"

Anirudh let out a big sigh before facing Bondita.

"Sorry, just wait a minute. I will come back soon." he said before running out.

Bondita was a bit lost, why was Thakumaa here with weapons? She was about to peer out to see when she heard a loud gun shot. Bondita got scared and saw Thakumaa and her guards pointing their guns towards Anirudh. Luckily they shot at the sky so no one got hurt.

"Oh god did Thakumaa not like the fact that I came to the court?!" Bondita worried as she jumped over the wall and started to run back home fast.

It was a good thing Anirudh couldn't recognise her so he could honestly say that Bondita never came, she thought.

Meanwhile Thakumaa told her guards to lower the guns.

"Why are you creating a scene here, Thakumaa?" an annoyed Anirudh asked.

"Don't act like you don't know why I'm here! We want the piece of land on the border between Krishnanagar and Tulsipur!"

"Well I'm sorry, you can't decide that for yourself. There is a case going on so you should wait for the hearing." Anirudh replied.

"Huh, how am I supposed to believe the court when you work as a barrister here. Clearly you're going to influence the judges and somehow turn the case to your favour!"

Anirudh shook his head in dismay- he couldn't stand it when people doubt his profession.

"Thakumaa. Trust me. I would never go against the law and my morality. Whoever is destined to own the land would receive it, so be patient for the results."

"Fine. But if you decide to go against your word then be prepared for some attacks."

Anirudh just stared blankly at her- Thakumaa's petty threats had no effect on him. Soon she left the scene. Anirudh went back to the room but couldn't find the lady anywhere.

"Where did she go? I told her to wait for me." Anirudh thought as he searched for her.

He went up to the guards and asked about her whereabouts.

"Where's the woman- my client? Uhh, what's her name again, oh yes Vaijayanthi. Where is she?"
"Barrister babu, I don't know what you're talking about. No woman came in today."
"Huhh? She was literally in my room!"
"Sorry, but no one was there. You probably were dreaming,"

Anirudh glared at the guard and made his way back to his room. Was he really dreaming or was that person actually here? Anirudh was in a state of complete confusion.

Bondita was sprinting her way back home and reached there quickly. Tapur, who was waiting nervously outside, saw her and was relieved. Bondita was panting breathlessly whilst Tapur took her back inside the haveli and gave her a glass of water to cool her down.