Departures and Arrivals

"W-What are you saying, Bondita?... Don't you remember anything?!...." Anirudh anxiously enquired as he now bolted up on the bed.

Bondita had a very tensed expression and held onto her throbbing head weakly as she tried to recollect her memory but ended up looking very confused.

"I can't remember anything, Pati babu..." she grimly responded before feebly looking at her panicking husband, "I remember being with the ladies at the event... and then I had some drink.... and then... I-... my mind keeps on going blank after that..."

All the colour from Anirudh's face drained away, leaving behind a sickly pale skin, as he heard his wife say all these worrying statements. He nervously hid his face behind his palms and started to shake his head in distraught.

"No... No... No..." he guiltily cried within his fingers as Bondita continued to watch him bewilderedly.

What had he done?! How was he going to explain all this to his poor Bondita who was clearly oblivious right now? How was she going to respond to this?

"What happened, Pati babu?..." she concernedly asked, starting to get scared by his grim behaviour.

Anirudh quietly sniffled and lifted his face up from his hands with puffy eyes and fresh tears formed as soon as he saw the way his wife naively gazed at him.

Bondita's heart froze in devastation from seeing him cry so weakly in front of her and she immediately cuddled up close to him, resting her head on his shoulders as she consolingly wrapped her arms around his neck.

Anirudh felt even worse right now after witnessing how much affection she had for him and weakly sobbed into her soft arms.

"I.... I..." his muffled voice whimpered stutteringly but before he even managed to put across his points clearly, Bondita took the lead.

"Pati babu..." she softly whispered into his tensed neck that were holding back his tears, "...I was just joking..."

Anirudh paused and cautiously gazed up at Bondita with moistened eyes whilst she gave him a sheepish smile in response.

"A-Are you being serious?..." he sniffled in bewilderment.

"Yeah... I literally remember everything crystal clearly... But I just wanted to prank you..." Bondita clumsily confessed.

Anirudh let out a quivering sigh of relief and closed his eyes for a split second to calm down his heart that was pounding in fear for all this time, before scowling disappointedly at his wife.

"Bondita, why would you do that?!" Anirudh scolded, "You shook me to the core when you said all that!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Bondita apologised cutely as she tugged her earlobes, "I didn't expect you to react like this, shotti! I just wanted to play around with you, that's it..."

But Anirudh was still not pacified with her words and heftily got off the bed, walked away to get his towel with his bare upper half exposed and stood by the entrance of their en-suite bathroom with a frown.

"Don't ever do that again, Bondita. Do you know how... how scared I was?..." Anirudh murmured weakly as his hands were still shaking from the trauma, "I-I thought I took advantage of you... I thought I hurt you Bondita...."

Bondita was stunned to hear these words from him and gawped at him with her mouth opened wide.

"Pati babu, what are you saying?! How can you hurt me? I-I literally proved to you that I was very stable last night, so why did you still get all these doubtful thoughts in your mind?!" she queried worriedly.