Chapter 20: Burning Bridges

"Kalin! The band is going on tour! We get to go on tour!" Calum yelled as he barged into my bedroom. I threw my pencil down on my school work, "Oh my gosh! No way!" I stood up to hug him. He kissed me fast.

"I'm so proud of you babe. This is so great for you guys!" I smiled up at him. "I'm so happy, you have no idea. Like us, a simple band, is going on tour." He held my hand and dragged me to my bed.
He laid down across my blanket, I laid next to him and put my head on his chest. He rubbed his fingers through my soft curls. "Babygirl, this is so great. People are actually going to hear our music!" Calum exclaimed.

I grinned, I was beyond happy for him and all of the boys. This is really great for them all, because they completely deserve it.
"We leave in two months, we're going to America!" Once he made that announcement I furrowed my eyebrows and sat up, "I hate to ruin the mood but Cal, what does this do to you and I?"

He followed me up, "Well burn that bridge when we get there babygirl." He grabbed my chin and kissed me.
-

Memories of the day Calum found out he'd be going on tour the first time, flooded through my head during the boys' show.

I tried to stop thinking about it. But I really couldn't, we really burnt that bridge when we got there. I watched the stage as the boys walked off to go backstage. I went backstage to greet them all.
Calum noticed me first, "Hey babygirl, how are we doing out there?" I felt this need to just hug him so tight. So I did.

Calum was hesitant at first , "Whoa, Kalin, you never hug me during shows, because I'm sweaty." He chuckled and kissed the top of my head, "What's wrong babe?" He rubbed my back.
"Nothing, just wanted a hug." I sighed and continued to hug him. He began to pull away from me, "I have to go back. I love you so much babygirl." He kissed my forehead and ran back on stage.

The show would soon be over just a couple more songs but honestly I didn't want it to end. The sooner it would end, the sooner I would have to tell Cal that I'm leaving for Australia. I can't believe that Summer is actually over, I was having so much fun.
I walked around the whole backstage area until the boys came back out, "Good job Luke, good job Michael, good job Ashton, good job Calum!" I caught my breath.

I watched as they all collapsed on the couch. Sitting next to Calum he pulled me close and I laid my head on his shoulder, "Can you just come to the room with me? Instead of going out with the guys." I begged.

Cal smirked at me, "Oh? Miss me already, huh?" He kissed the side of my mouth. I laughed, "Not like that! I just want to hang out with you." I rubbed my hand on his chest. "Sure you do." Cal winked.

"Can you stop it!" I laughed and nudged him with my elbow. Calum wrapped both of his arms around my frame, and kissed me, "Of course I'll stay with you."

An empty water bottle was thrown our way, "Stop being gross!"

"I know! I can't take it anymore, too much for one day." Michael shuddered.

Calum repeatedly kissed my cheeks, while I couldn't control my laughter, "Get over it. You love us!"

--
We walked into the hotel room together after the show, which we haven't done in a long time. I ran and laid on top of our bed.
"Oh my goodness babe, you're really excited for this." Calum came from the door with his shirt off.
"Calum seriously!" I whined "Come lay with me." I whined and patted the spot next to me. He fell on the bed and rolled next to me. He laid his head on my chest, "Ah just like pillows." He rubbed my thighs.
I shook my head and turned on the TV, "My mom wants me to go back home to go to college, your last day in Chicago will be my last on tour." I pushed the sentence out before he could interrupt.

Calum sat up, "Wait. What? You can't go. What am I supposed to do without you?" He had tears forming in his eyes, I knew soon mine would be overflowing.
"My mom wants me to go to college, I really want to stay-" "So stay." He said it like it was so easy.
"Calum, I can't just put my life on hold until this tour is over." I wiped my eyes and sighed, "I let you go, remember? I never wanted you to go, but I knew this was something you wanted."

He looked away from me, he knew I was right. I knew this hurt him and I knew that he was in tears. "So what does this leave for us?"
I quoted him from that day "We'll burn that bridge when we get there."

He stood up from the bed, "Kalin, don't say that to me." He remembered, his eyes overflowed. I followed him "I have no intentions on ending what we have now. You'll be coming home soon anyway, a month."
I wrapped my arms around the hurt boy, "We've worked to hard for this and I'm not letting distance ruin us again. I refuse for it to happen." Calum sighed and wrapped his arms around me, he was weak.

"You can't just go," he walked us to the bed, "I won't be okay without you here. You're my person."
I touched my heart, "You're my person. I won't be okay, but we don't have a choice. You need to continue and finish the tour as strong as you started it." A single tear rolled down his cheek.
I wiped it with my thumb and kissed the side of his mouth. "No one is breaking us apart."

We got under the blankets and cuddled. We were both silent, there was nothing to say but simple 'I love yous'

----
We were all walking through the airport, the boys, my mom and I, Calum was walking slowly while holding my hand. "I really don't want you to go babygirl."
"Yeah Kali! We were all having fun with you here." Luke gave me a side hug
"I don't want to go." I squeezed Cals hand. "We can pretend you forgot something in the room and miss your flight."

"That's smart! Too bad we're already at the gate." I pointed in the direction of the gate. I hugged him really tight and didn't want to let go ever.

"I love you so much Kali-"
"Call me babygirl one last time." I cut him off, He smiled and kissed my cheek, "I love you so much babygirl. Call me once you get back home. You have some of my shirts to sleep in, right?"

"Yes, I do baby, thank you. I love you too, and I will. I will text you everyday. Don't forget about me." I looked up at Cal. He kissed my forehead and held me tight, "I'm gonna miss you too much. Leave, before I start crying again!" Cal sighed.
Ashton hugged me first and then Michael, then Luke.

I gave them a half smile as I started walking away, "I love you!" I began crying as I walked through the gate to my seat. My mom was sitting in the seat next to me.

"Kali, you'll thank me for this later." She spoke to me, "I hope you're right, because right now my heart and whole world is crushed." I looked out of the window and didn't speak the rest of the flight.
----

I went into my bedroom, I haven't been in here in so long. I don't know why but everything looked different. Throwing all my stuff on the floor, I found my phone to call Cal.

I sat on the phone waiting for him to answer, I called 3 different times. Now I see how Adam feels.
Logging onto my twitter account I wanted to see what the boys were up to, and I honestly could not believe my eyes.

*** Hi lovelies ❤ thank you so much for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment, it really makes me feel really great. Omg what do you think Kali saw on Twitter? How are you feeling now that they are separated? Ah well I love you all, thanks again***