Chapter 42: Beautifully Strong

When Calum came home from Michael's, I felt like all the bad things that happened just disappeared. He looked very sincere in all his words that he had to say to me. And maybe I shouldn't be this forgiving, but this is something you do for someone you love. Now if this were to happen again, I don't think I could be as forgiving.

That would just make me look dumb. Especially because Calum and I are in the position that we are, you know having people on the outside looking in at our relationship. I really love him, so I guess that should mean that I don't care about what others have to say about us.

But I honestly don't think that I could take any more hurt from him. The sad thing is just that he knew what he was doing to me. "Babygirl, I just put Calla down in her crib.." Calum announced coming into our bathroom.
He wrapped his arms around my waist and looked at me in the mirror, "She isn't going to be sleeping if you keep yelling." I laughed at him. My hands ran down his arms to his hands. Calum turned me around to face him, and pulled me closer to him, "I love you Kalin."

I grinned, "I love you too."

"You promise?"

"Yes Calum." I dragged my hands along his sculpted jawline. He smirked and laughed, "I don't believe you, prove it." I stood on the tips of my toes and kissed his lips fast. Calum's lips turned into a pout and it was the cutest thing. "That's all? That doesn't prove anything, everyone and anyone could kiss me if they wanted to."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes at his comment, "I know that, and the whole world knows that Calum."I tried to push past him, but he held on to my wrist.

"Oh my gosh Kalin. I didn't mean it like that, you know that I didn't mean that." He kissed my forehead and looked at us in the mirror. "You know what we haven't done in a long time, almost a decade."

"Hmm, a decade? Oh, we haven't played hide and seek since we were kids!" I nuzzled my head into his chest. "Ha ha ha, you're so funny Kalin Grace." Calum quickly picked me up and put me on the counter. He spread both of my legs and stood in between them, "You know what I'm talking about baby." His breath was hitting my neck and sending chills down my spine.

I gasped as his lips latched to the side of my neck. "Cal," I was hesitant to push him off. He gripped at my thighs, "Want to? Please?"
"I don't really want to. No, not now." I sighed and rested my arms around his neck. "What? Are you gonna make me wait a century now?"

"Maybe," My gaze shifted from his eyes to the floor, "It's just that you know, those other girls that you were with. They were probably better or hotter than me."

Calum brought his hands in front of his face and groaned, "Babygirl, please don't say anything dumb like that to me again. You know I think you're the most beautiful girl in the world. I always have and always will." He cupped my cheeks into his hands, "I'm so in love with you Kalin, please don't feel insecure about them. Anyone can be called hot, but you, you're beautiful. If you ask me, being beautiful is much better than being called hot."

I hate feeling this insecure, like how embarrassing. "I love you." I puckered my lips, waiting for my kiss. He kissed me and it was different. It was slow and sweet, like he was putting everything he had into it. Before completely pulling away he kissed the tip of my nose.

"I love you too!" He kissed the side of my mouth, "So what do you say gorgeous, I miss you." My cheeks became flushed as I giggled in his face, "What about Calla, she could wake up." "You're adorable" he murmured against my lips, making me smile and forget about everything.