Chapter 33: Happiness

*Michael's POV*

After Calum showing up at my house last night, it really got me thinking. The advice I was giving him was something I should've been giving myself all along.
I've kept Kali in the dark about my feelings for her. I never wanted her to feel uncomfortable around me, or make her feel like she owes me anything.

But I owe her something, the truth.

Why I've been ignoring her calls, why I haven't been around as much as I used to be. That's because I'm in love with Kalin, and I know that sounds crazy considering I haven't talked to her for almost a month. I needed the space to organize my thoughts, and how I was going to come about this.

I knew this day was going to come, when I'd tell her. I never thought it would be this simple, Calum and her aren't together anymore and, she's not hurting in anyway.

But before I told Kalin, I was going to tell Calum. I mean come on, he's my best friend and we we're both crazy about the same girl. If I were to tell Kali before Cal, she was bound to tell him and, I'm sure Cal would kill me. Only because he'd get the wrong idea.
He'd think I would want to take her from him but that's not what I want at all. I just want her to know, that would make me incredibly happy even if she didn't feel the same.

I stared at my phone for a good 10 minutes when I finally decided to call Cal. I put the phone on my ear and he answered after the third ring, "Hey buddy! What's up my friend?" His voice was cheerful and full of laughter.
"Hey uh, do you think I could swing by your place sometime today?"

"Of course you can! That's polite of you to ask, unlike me just showing up at your house." I laughed, "Okay, well I'll be over in a few minutes." Which was actually pretty accurate, I was sitting in my car driving around his neighborhood. It's not creepy I swear! Just working up the courage to waltz in there to tell him the truth.
"Okay, bye buddy!" Calum exclaimed through the phone. I laughed and hung up. After I made a few turns I was at his house, sitting in the driveway. I knew that soon my best friend could possibly hate me for a while but, I knew he would soon understand.

Taking a deep breath I stepped out of my car and dragged my feet to the door. I knocked on the door multiple times. Calum opened the door with a huge smile on his face, "Hey Buddy!" He pulled me in and hugged me.
"Hi there, stop being weird." I laughed and patted his back. He let go of me and I went to sit on his couch. Kalin came running down the stairs, "Omg! Michael what are you doing here?" She hugged me and giggled in my ear. She stood back up smiling and waited for my answer, "Oh, I just came over to talk to Cal about something."

"Oh well, I can go back upstairs if you want alone time-" She started to back up.

"No no, it's actually great that you guys are both here." I let out a deep breath, I'm actually doing this right now. Stay cool, stay cool.
They both sat together in a chair across from me, "We've also got something to share but, you can go first." Calum smiled, while Kalin's cheeks became flushed.

"No, you guys go first." I played with the ripped part of my jeans. My eyes met with Kalin's as she took a deep breath, "We're going to get married! We're engaged!" She smiled really big and flashed her ring.

My eyes became wide after seeing the size of the ring on her finger, how did I not see this earlier, "Holy shit, no way." I stepped to her and looked at the rock on her finger. That's all I could say, that was all that came through my mind. I was upset, I was hurt. I was just about to tell the truth about my feelings but, I was greeted by an engagement notice. I'm glad it was in that order instead of the other way around.

Calum was full of smiles, "You basically gave me the idea, I took the relationship into my control," he laughed and looked at his hands, "And for that reason, I want you to be my best man. If you're okay with that."

My eyes widend "Me? Really, that means a lot! Thank you." I smiled, "I'm really happy for you guys."

Kalin pressed her lips together, and stood up she opened her arms wide, "Come give me a hug." I had a lot of hesitation with every move that I made towards her, she hugged my shoulders tight. I pulled away from her without making any eye contact.
"What'd you come over to tell us?" Calum questioned. My palms became sweaty and my mind searched for answers, "Um- well it doesn't make sense to say it now."

"Oh come on, tell us." Calum pressured me, I went to sit back in the seat I was originally sitting in, "I was just going to say that- I didn't want to have to be in the middle of you two while you aren't together. We don't have to worry about that now."
--
I've never felt more awkward in my life so, I left. I couldn't take it.

*Kalin's POV*

I stared out the window watching Mikey leave. I knew something was wrong, I knew that wasn't the reason he came over and, I guess I'll never find out.
Calum's arm wrapped around my waist and his plump lips met my neck. "I love you so much babygirl." I turned and hugged him tight. I stood on the tips of my toes to kiss his nose, "I love you more."

"Wrong! And I'll prove it to you!" He took me to his basement. "Why are we going down here?" I asked hesitantly.
"I have a little surprise for you, you're gonna love it. Close your eyes." He ordered.

I smiled and shut my eyes, he grabbed my hand and walked slowly to make sure I didn't fall.
"Stay here, keep those pretty eyes closed." My cheeks began to burn.

I could hear Calum shuffling to prepare something, "I'm not a huge fan of surprises, you know that." I stood there with my eyes closed.

"You'll love this one," he laughed, "Open up, cutie."
I opened them slowly, "Calum!! You did not!"

*** Omg so school started on Monday and I'm already being swamped by homework. There's this new kid and, he's cute I guess. He's really nice to me and, if I'm not mistaken he was totally flirting with me on Friday! Sorry it took so long for me to update and, I'm sorry this chapter wasn't the best. Don't forget to Vote, Comment & Fan! ***