Chapter 25: Promises

Calum crossed his arms in front of his chest, "Do you wanna go first?" He started. I sat up straight remembering that picture I saw. The details Michael had given me were swimming in my head.
"What was going through your mind that night? Because obviously, I wasn't." I looked at my fumbling hands.

"I wasn't thinking about anything, but you. I know that sounds crazy since my actions said otherwise, but its true." I stared at him, "Did you do it to hurt me?"
"What? You know that was a dumb question, I would never do something like that to you." He retorted. "I wouldn't even have a reason for hurting you."
Calum looked away from me for a while but soon made eye contact, "That Blake guy, what's the deal with him?"
"Like I said earlier, he means nothing to me. Its you, Calum, it always has been and always will be you." He gave me a smile.

"Did you use him to hurt me in some way. You know I don't like when guys give you attention and its not from me." He paused, "Don't ever think I'm giving up on you."

"Did you ever do anything with him?" Calum sighed and looked at me with emotionless eyes. "Nothing that I would ever dare to do with something else besides you." Which was true, I'd never give myself to someone if it wasn't Calum.

"Nothing I should be worried about?"

"Absolutely nothing." I spoke confidently. "Do you know how much I missed you?"

"Yeah sure. Says the one who didn't want to get back together." Calum pulled me closer to him. I laid my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around me.
"I wanted you to ask me in person." I pouted and looked up at him. "You don't even have to ask, just call me babygirl." I started to beg.

Calum took ahold of my hand and kissed it gently, "So what do you say, babygirl, will you be mine?" He paused, "Again?"
I kissed his hand, "I've always been yours."
----

We continued to lay in his bed for the majority of the day, talking, cuddling, laughing, just catching up. I laid next to Calum, his hands danced around my body.
He leaned over and kissed me, "I love you so much," he hovered over me. "I'm going to miss you."

"Its only two weeks." I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him back down to kiss me one last time.
"When are you leaving me?" I asked, almost pouting. "Tomorrow morning. I'll drop you off back at your dorm tonight if you want. Or early tomorrow morning."

I nodded, and moved out of his hold. I walked to Cal's suitcase and took one of his shirts. "Hey I'm gonna take one of your shirts." I turned back around and there stood my cutie pie of a boyfriend.

"You just use me for my clothing." I let out a small giggle, "No, well sometimes," I winked. "No its just that we only have one night to spend together and then you're leaving. I need something of yours while you're gone and-" he cut me off by placing his lips on mine, his hands wandered down to my waist and gripped me tight.

He pulled away, "Don't worry babygirl, tonights all about you." Calum grabbed my hand, "Come on, I'll take you home." He pressed his lips on my cheek.

We left his hotel room and grabbed the rest of the boys so they could all meet Danielle. We walked to the boys' car that waits around for them.
"You guys were quiet this time." Michael laughed. My eyes darted at him, "We didn't do anything Michael."

Calum repositioned something in his pocket. I looked out the window, "Aren't you guys gonna miss me?" I asked the boys. "Probably not. We were having a great time without you." Ashton joked.
"Yeah especially Cal." Luke said. I gave him a fake laugh, "Cute." Calum laughed and flicked Luke off, "Fuck you."
"I'm gonna miss you Kali." Michael touched his heart, and gave me a soft smile.

The car stopped and we all got out and walked onto campus. I wrapped Cal's arm around my shoulder as we walked into the dorm rooms.
I opened the door to my room, "Dani, I'm home!" I yelled before fully coming into the room.

I heard her get off her bed and start approaching the door "Kali! What happened today?! Everyone's talking about some dra-" She stopped once she saw the boys. "OH MY GOODNESS!"

Michael already had his arms open for a hug. Dani walked into them to receive the hug, "She likes me the most." Michael hugged her tight and stuck his tongue out at the others.
Dani got hugs and pics with each of the boys she sat with Luke, Ash and Michael in our desk area.

I sat with Calum on my bed, "At least you can see me every night before you go to bed." He laughed and pointed at Dani's posters. "And now that you're no longer mad at me, we can Skype and stuff." He rubbed his calloused finger across my cheek

"Promise?" I grabbed his hand. He nodded and kissed my nose.

"They're so cute." I heard Dani. "They can get really gross. One time we were at a hotel and they-" "LUCAS!" Calum scolded Luke before he could finish his story.

I laughed and looked up at the ceiling not wanting any of my tears to fall. I didn't want them to leave. I knew the time was coming closer to the point where they would soon have to. Calum placed something into my hand.

I looked back down, a little black box sat inside my hand. I opened it and there was a thin gold band inside.
"Calum, w-what is this?" I asked him cautiously. Everyone looked our way, "Omg!" "Cal.." "BACHELOR PARTY!!!"

"Calm down everyone, its just a promise ring." Calum laughed.

He sighed, "This is not official, yet," he winked at me. "Kalin Grace Peterson, this is my promise. My promise to you is for us to spend the rest of our simple lives together. For you and I to love each other until the end of time. For even the times I mess up, or you too. I hate to break it to you, princess, but you're not perfect either. But I'll continue to love you no matter what. I know I messed up while you were away. I would never want to do anything like that to you again. This is my promise to you that nothing like that will ever, and I mean ever, happen. It kills me to know that I hurt you that bad, and damaged our trust. Kalin Grace, I promise to love you even when you fart in your sleep and I just want to push you off the bed, but I don't because you're so cute." I giggled and he chucked while wiping the several tears that had fallen down my cheeks.

"I promise to love you because I find it cute when you whimper my name in your sleep. I promise to love you because you put up with my terrible jokes, and laugh when things aren't even funny. I promise to love you forever because of who you are. Caring, kind, and beautiful. I'm so thankful to have you." He took the ring from the box and slid it onto my finger. I cried and I couldn't stop. I wiped my tears and smiled into my one free hand.
"I love you Kalin Grace, I'll scream it from the rooftops if you wanted me to! I LOVE KALIN GRACE PETERSON!" Calum yelled and laughed.

I laughed at him, "That was the sweetest thing. I love you so much." I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tight. He hugged me just as tight, even tighter if that was possible.
"I LOVE CALUM THOMAS HOOD!" I screamed out loud and giggled.

Danielle and the rest of the boys started clapping, "Good luck topping that when you actually propose!" Ashton exclaimed.

The boys left the the next morning, but I had never felt more secure in a relationship ever.

This ring means everything.

***Don't forget to vote & comment ❤ thanks for reading***