Chapter 3: Win-Win

I continued to shuffle in my sleep, so I forced my eyelids open. I looked at the clock on the nightstand: 3:26am. Turning back around I saw Calums face.

He was at peace, his features were relaxed. He had tear stains down his cheeks, why and when was he crying? His arms wrapped tightly around me, I cuddled myself into his chest and fell back to sleep

---

My phone started to ring, waking me and Calum both. I reached over him and grabbed it, attempted to read the caller ID with my blurry eyes.

I answered it anyway, "Hello?" I rubbed my eyes. "Kalin, I've landed in America! How are you sweetie, how's Calum." she gasped "Oh my, I'm sorry.. it must be really early there. I'll call you later. I love you Kalin."

"I love you too." I said before she hung up. My mom, oh what would I do without her.

I put my phone next to the clock and laid back down.

"Good morning beautiful." Calum's deep, raspy voice spoke to me. I covered my mouth to hide my smile, "I love it when you smile." Must have not worked.

"Good morning Cal" I giggled and buried my face in his chest. He leaned his head on mine. We layed in silence, I could hear his heartbeat in rhythm. We stayed like this for at least 10 minutes and that didn't bother me. I was with my favorite person in the world.

----

Cal eventually got up and went into his room to get dressed for the day so I decided to do the same. I stood up and stretched my arms and walked towards my dresser.

I pulled out the 'All Time Low' shirt that had the sleeves cut off. Calum and I went to go see them one time, it was the best day of my life.

I got a black bandeau and pulled that on, then the shirt, and plain black shorts.

I went to the bathroom, pulled my hair in to a high ponytail. Rummaged through my makeup bag and put on a tad of mascara and eyeliner. Which made my green eyes pop I might add. I brushed my teeth and smiled into the mirror.

"Kalin," Calum called from outside my door. I rushed to open it, "Hey I was wondering- Woah" Calum chuckled as he blushed.

"Oh Cal, you like what you see?" I struck a pose, laughing. "Nice shirt.. we're twins." We both wore the matching shirts we got from the concert. "Aw" I thought to myself.

"Ha, yeah you look good." He scratched the back of his head. My cheeks started to burn as I smiled.

"Well Kalin, I wanted to know if you wanted to go to breakfast and then go out and do something?" he stuck out his arm for me. "Shall we?" he asked.

"We shall" I grabbed his arm and we walked downstairs and went to his car. He started his car, and the radio blasted. It startled me, he turned down the volume.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry love." it's been so long since he called me love. It made my cheeks burn and my fingertips tingle. I love it when he calls me love, it makes me feel special you know?

Before I knew it we pulled out of the driveway and we were zooming down the street. "Calum! Can you drive like a normal person?" he reached over grabbed my hand in his and slowed down.

-----

After debating about what we wanted to do after breakfast, we decided to go bowling. Calum suggested it, we always went bowling for dates when we were together. We were in his car driving and his band was on the radio again.

"Gosh this is all they play. This band sucks" Cal screamed "Oh but this is my favorite part, this really cute boy starts singing. Now shut up he's about to start" I joked.

'Lets get out, let's get out

'Cause this deadbeat town's only here just to keep us down'

I started singing along 'While I was out, I found myself in a room just thinking

if i showed up with a plane ticket

And a shiny diamond ring with your name on it

Would you wanna run away too?

'Cause all I really want is you.' I pointed at Calum, "I just love that part of the song."

Calum smiled to hide his blushing, "Yeah me too." Cal pulled into the the parking lot of the bowling alley. Once he parked the car I opened my door, "Hey! Hey! What are you doing? Close the door," I closed my door at once.

Cal got out of the car and came to my side and opened it for me, "Let me do it for you." he grinned as he held out his hand for me.

I did a curtsy, "Thank you sir" we held hands all the way into the building.

"Wanna make a bet?" he asked while tying his shoes. "Sure, like what?"

He tapped his chin as if he was thinking about something serious, "Loser, has to.. Kiss the winner." he chuckled "So it's like a win lose situation" he finished. "Deal." I laughed.

----

After Calum loosing 2 games to 3, he had to pay up. Now I know Cal and I aren't officially together but that's okay it's just a friendly kiss. Nothing more.

"Cal you don't have to kiss me, you know if you don't want to. It's oka-" he shut me right up. And in that moment our lips touched for the first time in about 1 year. His lips moved perfectly in sync with mine. I brought my hands up into his brown locks, feeling each curl on my fingers.

It was starting to get really intense, so I pulled away and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Best win-lose situation of my life." Cal smiled, "I agree, well you know on my win-win situation, loser."

"Okay Kali, we all know that you won, but if anyone else asks, I let you win." He winked at me and reached for my hand. I took his hand in mine and we walked out of the building, holding hands once again.

Woah, a 'friendly kiss' turned into an completely intimate kissing session. It was different from when we kissed before, maybe because it has been so long but honestly. It was great.

"Kalin?" a familiar voice called interrupting my thoughts. "Yes, Cal?"

"Well, I was wondering if, uh" he stopped and scratched the back of his neck.